Glamorouse

Friday, November 11, 2005

Friday night riddle

In lieu of a more sensible post, let's kick Friday off with a riddle from my childhood. I was reminded of this when, on asking my three year old twins what was the best thing about their day, one said "Nothing" and one said "Something": no more than I deserve for a question like that, I suppose! A man is set a task that requires him to choose a path at a fork in the road that is guarded by two statues gifted with speech. One of the statues can only speak the truth. The other statue can only lie. The man can only ask one of the statues a question, and only by the statue's answer can he know which is the right path to choose. The riddle is, which statue does he speak to - the truth-teller or the liar - and what does he ask? mtc Bec

6 Comments:

Blogger craziequeen said...

I could never work this one out....

Morning, Michele sent me!

cq

11/11/2005 07:13:00 pm  
Blogger FattyPants said...

Its too early to answer that stuff. And theres no one here to copy off of. Michele sent me :)

11/11/2005 07:58:00 pm  
Blogger dena said...

I used to know this one, and if it weren't 4:30 right now I'd keep trying, but...

I'll be back to see the answer.

visiting from michele's

11/11/2005 08:54:00 pm  
Blogger JoeC said...

Hello, Michele sent me. oh, silly me, got distracted earlier, hiya!

the man's responds, aaarrghhh! run away, run away, run away! wot statues can speak, evil evil evil....

cheers then!

11/11/2005 08:56:00 pm  
Blogger Bec said...

The response so far:
CQ - come back later...
Fattypants - ditto
Dena - you're going to kick yourself when you read it.
Joe - glad you made it, but no, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Lovely to have you all!

11/11/2005 09:00:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

I am SO ignoring this.

11/11/2005 09:36:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home