Glamorouse

Sunday, November 06, 2005

The 'Who's On First' Guide to Family Planning

Taronga Zoo and one of our favourite spots and this is why three really is enough. However, just because:
  1. There are newborns on the breeze
  2. There are uterine twinges
  3. The husband is very, very nervous
  4. Kim dared me to do it, and
  5. There is the clear and present knowledge that a fourth child would be INSANE...

I found myself going through the following thought process and feeling like I didn't know whether I was Abbott or Costello (quick re-cap for those who need it, 'Who's on first?' 'What?' 'No, Watt's on second, who's on first?'...and so on):

Before I had one, I wanted four. Then I had one and I knew I only wanted one. Then my one turned three, and I knew I wanted two. Then, instead of having one more we had two, so... ... instead of having two we had three. And. Now I have three, and I kinda think I want four.

This is so wrong. So wrong, wrong, wrong. No, no, no. No. NO.

NO.

Phew.

Aren't you glad you shared that with me?

mtc (writing, that is, not babies) Bec

PS- Kim, I double dare you to have four. By then I might finally have worked out who's on first!

9 Comments:

Blogger Olyal said...

You sound like you are at a dangerous point Bec. Once you have four, is it possible that you might want five? Could this be due to an obsession with the total cuteness that are babies?
Whatever you do, DON'T drink the water if you don't want to get pregnant. I know too many people who have been falling pregnant lately and I have come to the conclusion that it is due to something in the water. :o)

Michele sent me!

11/06/2005 11:21:00 pm  
Blogger Bec said...

Ha! yes, but that's probably Melbourne water, right? And all of us Sydneysiders know better than to drink the water when we're down your way!

11/06/2005 11:27:00 pm  
Blogger Olyal said...

I'm not from Melbourne!!! I'm from Sydney!! I'm not a Mexican!!!!
What on earth made you think that?

11/06/2005 11:42:00 pm  
Blogger rashbre said...

It sounds like it may be the breeze rather than the water.

I also get so confused with the Southern Hemisphere seasons being different. Maybe Spring is in the air?

rashbre

11/06/2005 11:49:00 pm  
Blogger Olyal said...

Spring is definitely in the air.
Michele sent me again!

11/06/2005 11:53:00 pm  
Blogger Bec said...

You're not from Melbourne? Now I really AM confused. AND apologetic - so glad you're one of us after all!

11/06/2005 11:53:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh,oh! what are the chances of having twins twice in a row ??

11/07/2005 02:49:00 am  
Blogger KPB said...

While a very large part of me is feeling every single almost-eight-years-older than the first time I did this, Bec, if we don't have similar conversations to what we had in February this year ("Bec, my period was due three days ago, I'm a little scared") anytime in 2007 then you will know we are all done. 35 if my cut off. I'm not doing this again when 40 is closer than 30...

11/07/2005 12:10:00 pm  
Blogger Dak-Ind said...

twelve years went by before i though i could use another child. sure now we have two almost 13 years apart (im like a rabit, we talked about, i had my birth control removed, we were pregnant within a week) now the baby is 6 months old. people are saying "are you going to have another!?!?" i might, but i wont wait twelve years this time. a teen and a baby, my hair isnt grey yet, but it should be. (oh oh oh almost forgot... Michelle says hello)

11/07/2005 01:38:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home