Glamorouse

Friday, October 07, 2005

Delusional Schizophrenia, Or, How to tell us apart.

The nature of our joint blog is that sometimes friendly visitors drop in and think Bec is Kim and Kim is Bec or perhaps that Bec and Kim are just the voices in the head of a single unknown blogger who has forgotten to take their medication. It's quite simple really. Kim is the one who is about to drop baby number three, and Bec is the one who used to laugh at people with three children until she accidentally popped out babies number two and three together. I've been paying for that bit of carelessness ever since. So, the delusional schizophrenia is not related to distinguishing between the Bec voice (Kill, Kill, Kill) and the Kim voice (Eat the flesh, Eat the flesh) in the unknown blogger's head. But I'm sure Kim (who is not yet in labour, by the way) would agree we each have our own special Sybil moments. As a Mother Of Many, or so it feels, living in a tiny wee inner city terrace house, I like to think of the myself as the Old Woman who Lives in a Shoebox. But which one am I? Am I this one: rather jolly and colourful, albeit weary to the emaciated bone - with happy children amusing themselves merrily in all sorts of healthy pursuits and sporting many bizarre vertical hairdos...

Or, perhaps this one:

Please note the large stick in her right hand. This chick really knows her nursery rhymes. None of this politically correct 'kissed them all soundly' bullshit you get in soppy nursery books today. 'Whipped' it is written and whipped they shall be, right after their broth without any bread.

It seems to me there's a split here that most of us can identify with: in terms of multiple personalities, we've all got a bit of Mother Goose and a bit of Brothers Grimm.

Which picture is you right now?

mtc

Bec

11 Comments:

Blogger -E said...

HAHA, Can I not be both all the time?

Michele sent me.

10/07/2005 04:31:00 pm  
Blogger Bec said...

It was lovely serendipity that sent me from writing this (above) to this brilliant reminder of the joy of families on Mamacita's blog
http://weeklyscheiss.blogspot.com/

10/07/2005 04:35:00 pm  
Blogger dena said...

Oh, right now I'm the first one. After all, the entire house is sleeping right now.

visiting from michele's today.

10/07/2005 04:49:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

following -E, I am kind of one of them at a time throughout the day... thanks for your comment, I changed my name on monday, there is a little post. Cheers!

10/07/2005 04:49:00 pm  
Blogger FattyPants said...

hi, stalked you over from micheles :)

10/07/2005 05:00:00 pm  
Blogger me said...

right now I am the colouful one -crazy toddler is still asleep and I am sitting happily with a cute baby. when crazy toddler wakes, hmm who knows -i guess it depends on crazy toddler.

here from michele's this fine day.

10/07/2005 05:24:00 pm  
Blogger . said...

Pretty colors. Pretty colors. Hello, Michele sent me!

10/07/2005 08:11:00 pm  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Right now, I'm definitely the happy, friendly one. But then again, the girls are going to visit their mother this weekend and I'll practically have my husband to myself!!

The only time I'm really an evil mommy is when I have to get up at 5:45am to drop off 14 at carpool and get up Baby and take 12 to school. Then I'm an evil witch until about 30 minutes after I've had my coffee!

10/08/2005 01:36:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

which one am I ? depends which day it is (sat thru to mon - jolly mummy; tues to fri pm - give me that stick). also depends on how much sleep everyone (mostly me) has had.

10/08/2005 07:10:00 am  
Blogger Cin said...

Oh dear. The voices in my head won't let me talk about this....

10/08/2005 07:47:00 am  
Blogger rashbre said...

I hate politically correct encroachment of nursery rhymes. 'A tischoo! A tischoo! all fall down" is about the Great Plague of London in 1666, so why can't we have a bit of grizzlyness in our rhymes?

rashbre

10/08/2005 10:51:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home