Glamorouse

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Maths class: 1982 - Quick, pass this note along to Kim...

I've been tagged too! Very, very dedicated Glamorouse watchers (yep, there's that irony again) will have seen this and known that I am not alone in the pathetic untagged stakes, nor am I as cool and mature as Kim in the totally not needing to know or care stakes... Thank you Surfing Free, for letting me re-live all that adolescent joy of inclusion!! What were the three things you wanted to be when you grew up? 1. A jockey (got too tall) 2. A veterinarian 3. A paediatrician You can live one day over again from your childhood. What day will it be? The day my friend Susan (yes, just like in Milly Molly Mandy) and I decided we were going to overcome our fear of galloping our horses downhill and went to a really steep hill on her farm and damn well did it. You have two minutes (and a mover with you if you need heavy lifting help!) to grab 5 things from your home before it morphs into a polka dotted hobglobin and hops away. What will you take? (Food/drink/family/friends excluded!) 1.A small set of bookshelves (I've got a removalist, right?) full of books from my childhood that my kids love and are mostly out of print. 2. Our favourite wedding photo, taken by a photographer friend of ours and irreplaceable 3. A set of gold inlaid tiny dishes, a gift from a Japanese delegation that actually meant something! 4. My little cut glass bowl of old jewellery from my mother and grandmother. 5. My "fuck you first marriage" gift to myself: a gorgeous artisan bowl engraved with a nude woman on a beach and the words, around the rim: "While basking in the winter sun, she would dream of the life of a sex goddess" You have to paint one quote on your kitchen wall. What is it going to be? "Why is your freedom more important than mine?" - attributed to Karen Blixen in the screenplay for Out of Africa. What is the one thing you want to have accomplished by the end of this year? Wangled my way into one day a week OFF work, rather than working from home. You are moving to the moon for one year and can only bring one flower with you. What kind will you bring? I'd like to say Frangipanni but I don;t think the moon gets hot enough, so I'll go for the more versatile and longer blooming Gardenia. You just received word that aside from one flower, you can also bring five books with you too! Your choices?... 1. The Moomintroll series in one volume (yes, this is cheating; I do that) 2. Lord of the Rings, because I always find something new, no matter how many times I read it 3. A Winter's Tale, Mark Helprin, just because 4. The Great Gatsby 5. As many William Gibson novels as could fit in an omnibus edition or, if I get caught cheating like this (see #1) at least Neuromancer. Four places I would rather be right now 1. On a masseur's table 2. Drinking Cape wine and looking up at Table Mountain 3. Wandering through Barcelona 4. Taylor's, Byron Bay. and Kim, most naturally, I tag you! mtc Bec

2 Comments:

Blogger KPB said...

Is anyone else as mildly freaked out as I am that both Bec and I were completing Memes at the same time - Bec because she was tagged and me because who cares about being tagged, just do the ones that catch your fancy.

I can't do it now, I have a date with a breast pump. Ahhh, Valentine's Day.

2/15/2006 12:03:00 am  
Blogger Lynne@Oberon said...

Hurray! Glad to see my tagging did not go to waste. Nicely done :) I like your kitchen quote ... now I'm worried I evoked the spirit of Miss Piggy and it was a little bit too frivolous. Shall think of more serious stuff NEXT time I get tagged - 'cause there is going to be a flurry of tagging now, I feel it in my water ;)

2/15/2006 08:39:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home