Glamorouse

Saturday, February 11, 2006

A Sydney Saturday in Summer Sunshine

Sorry to come over all alliterative but today The Prof did one of those things he does when I am being particularly foul - he took the children out all day. It happens from time to time, usually just when I need to be reminded that he is a significantly better person than I am, and always will be. So today I did, well not much really but I did it in peace and summer sunshine, as follows: Smelled my new gardenias... Washed and hung out lots of sheets and quilt covers to soak up the sun ...

Hung out under the orange tree...

Re-oiled the new chair ...

And bought tomatoes and put them in my favourite bowl, then ate them with goat's fetta and herbs from the garden for lunch.

And then they came home, having stayed away just long enough for me to start missing them.

mtc

bec

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so beautiful... I am so ready for spring time and these pictures reiterate that ...michele says hi..

2/11/2006 05:29:00 pm  
Blogger Dale Challener Roe said...

Alliteration acknowledges no apology

Michele sent me today

2/11/2006 05:51:00 pm  
Blogger Malinda777 said...

Sounds like you had a great day. I liked the photos.

Michele sent me

2/11/2006 06:29:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

Ah Bec, divine.

I can't believe you oiled a chair. That in itself is very noble indeed.

2/11/2006 09:03:00 pm  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Excellent pictures there!

Michele sent me.

2/11/2006 10:25:00 pm  
Blogger Viamarie said...

What a good break. You have a lovely family there.

Cheers from Michele.

2/11/2006 11:11:00 pm  
Blogger blackbird said...

wait!

is that the sea? just beyond the clothesline?

this puts a whole new slant on EVERYTHING.

2/12/2006 12:57:00 am  
Blogger KPB said...

No - just a decorative wall, Blackbird. Bec lives in Sydney's inner west, where what she sacrifices in space she makes up in proximity to a haven of multicultural food options and life experience and an acceptable commute to work. On the other hand, I live about 200m from the beach in the white-bread enclave of Sydney's Northern Beaches, where if I get to work in close or even under an hour it is a good trip.

2/12/2006 08:04:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home