Glamorouse

Thursday, February 09, 2006

The baby

woke at 3am this morning as a punishment to me for drinking like I haven't drunk for about 15 months. Hard, fast and lots of it. has been getting around the floor and his cot for weeks - like, since he was about 12 weeks old - by propelling himself forward with his feet. It sort of took until today for me to realise that isn't really that normal. has been rolling from his back to his tummy since he was 15 weeks old. The tummy to back had been going on for about 3 weeks before that but was apparently 'involuntary' as he was doing it in his cot. yesterday, and again today, a lot, he got onto his forearms and knees and rocked back and forth, with his tummy off the ground. he's not four months yet. I'm thinking he's doing this because he's sick of lying in his own vomit, that I haven't noticed because he insists on rolling immediately onto his tummy after a feed, and frankly, once I've fed him he's on the ground because there is a whole tribe in this house intent on destroying it that I must tend to aswell. but I'm also very very afraid. because very young, very mobile baby + lego = d.e.a.t.h.t.r.a.p. and the end of inattentive parenting as I've perfected it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Woman with Kids said...

That's what playpens are for... Inattentive parenting, going to the bathroom sans baby and quite handy later for storing clean laundry that you will get to someday.

2/10/2006 12:46:00 am  
Blogger blackbird said...

yes, see, the third (he is the third, right?) does this...
he'll walk soon too.

2/10/2006 12:52:00 am  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Boys will be boys.... I have a baby who was blissfully unconcerned about rolling over and walking, but had more than 100 words by 15 months. Now that, I could handle!! ;)

2/10/2006 05:39:00 am  
Blogger Lynne@Oberon said...

I agree with the playpen. My Mum says my sister practically lived in the playpen from the time she was 6 months old to about three! Mind you, I can't imagine my kids being happy in a playpen for two minutes let alone two years ...

2/10/2006 08:55:00 am  
Blogger Lisa said...

i agree with the playpen idea!!

michele sent me

2/10/2006 04:27:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

Guys - I'm struggling withe the maternal guilt motherlode as it is without putting him in a kiddy prison!

2/10/2006 07:45:00 pm  
Blogger Bec said...

My tip: use a portacot rather than a playpen: softer and it doesn't have bars so avoids the prison allusion. you can instead pretend he's just hanging out there (safely, securely, but with the family) waiting for you all to shut up long enough so he can sleep some more?

2/10/2006 11:37:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home