Glamorouse

Friday, February 10, 2006

From anurisms to the world really must be ending

Today I went shopping and bought clothes and shoes. (All on credit. Naturally.) And experienced no post-shopping euphoria. No, oh look what I got. No, how cool is the cuff detail on this shirt. No, how good does my arse look in these pants while camoflaging (sort of) my gut. No, isn't the colour of this groovy wrap/cardigan/jumpery thing gorgeous. I got home and just burst into tears. The clothes are good. Practical workwear I'll wear for years as I age. Practical workwear I will don as I leave my child in the care of others. I left him for 3.5 hours today. With Chef. I was a mess. The next few weeks are going to be pretty darn ugly. Regardless of new shoes. You have been warned.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bec said...

It will be ok, really. Jasper will be fine, because he will charm the socks off anyone he meets and they will dote upon him and fight for turns to clean his poo. Truly.
And I bet the clothes look fantastic; I expect you to wear at least one item next Saturday and shame me in my slack and slumpy weekend casuals!

2/10/2006 10:44:00 pm  
Blogger carmilevy said...

Know that you're not alone in this. Every parent goes through it, and it ends up being not as bad as originally anticipated.

2/10/2006 11:20:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home