Glamorouse

Friday, November 11, 2005

After all that

I've been wondering all day just how I could work it into our blog that my right breast is like a leaking tap. Forget letdown, forget baby emptying the breast, this bosom is dripping for the world. He can hang off there for a good 20 minutes and it will still just drip drip drip. It's quite fascinating and even more compelling. Sometimes, in between feeds and the lag time between Dr Phil on Channel 9 and Oprah on Channel 10, I just sit there and marvel at my breasts ability to spontaneously lactact through all manner of clothing no matter when the next feed is due or if one has just passed. Seriously, its remarkable. If my boobs weren't quite so physically repulsive (in the vein of being a cross between sagging honeydew melons and the breasts on an elderly indiginous person where they make sense and normally are sporting quite a tan, as opposed to my near florescent have.NEVER.see.daylight white pair)I'd take a photo and post it right.here. What is a little more worrying is that it highlights my very desperate need for breast pads and my very chronic lack thereof because well, the bounty bag only gives you one sample. and man, there's hardly room in my bra for my boobs at the moment, so fitting the boob equivalent of a sanitary pad (and I'm not talking slimline either) in there as well is really a bit of a pipedream. But what is most worrying of all, is that as the boob leaks and leaks it leaks through everything and well, quite frankly, I'm beyond caring. That's right people, tonight, I took my child to the age-inappropriate school disco in a boob milk leakage stained t-shirt. I've also gone shopping in such a shirt, dropped children to school in such a shirt (and picked them up several hours later in same said shirt). Then, tonight, had some stains added to during the whole hideous little girl squealing fiasco. Sure, the New Recruit was there to sort of cover it up, but really, combined with the hairiest legs known to mankind (I'm rivalling a Nimbin Feral. Trully) and the daggiest sort of cargo pants that are actually made of tracksuit material (they are Bonds if that makes it any better) I think Felix was quietly happy I sat outside, away from the general populace.

9 Comments:

Blogger Suse said...

Bec, cricket is THE perfect sport for reading to. Because it goes on for soooo long. Tonight both boys played ... the match began at 5.30pm, ended at 8pm, and will conclude next Friday night from 5.30pm - 8pm.
One can accomplish quite a bit of knitting and/or reading at cricket matches, I find.

(Sorry to hijack your blog to answer your question. I answered it on my own comments section and then realised you probably wouldn't go back there).

(Not because I am not riveting or anything, but because if you're like me, you leave a comment, and move on).

(Like this.)

Moving on now.

(Can you tell I've had two glasses of wine tonight?)

11/11/2005 10:25:00 pm  
Blogger Bec said...

Hi Suse
It's the end of acronym season for me so I've had more like a whole bottle of wine but as long as I can still spell I can still blog, right?
Thank you for clearing up the cricket concerns for me because I sat through a couple of games for the Prof, earlier in our courtship and had the feeling I was wasting my time paying attention to the game when I could have just been sucking back Steinlager and reading William Gibson. As I did, at that time.
These days it might be reisling and Family Circle, but the principle remains the same!
Plus, all of this avoids dealing with Kim's leaky boobs, which were largely set up as a distraction from my totally answerable riddle...
I'll come back to your blog to answer this again!

11/11/2005 10:44:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not going to last forever...sorry I can't help you! via Michele's today, get ready for a nice weekend :D

11/11/2005 11:06:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not going to last forever...sorry I can't help you! via Michele's today, get ready for a nice weekend :D

11/11/2005 11:06:00 pm  
Blogger Bec said...

Hey Kim: the weirdo Saudis we're about to get visiting as a result of all your boob talk?
As the Yanks say, you do the math...

11/11/2005 11:19:00 pm  
Blogger kenju said...

Kim, put a sanitary napkin in your bra. Cut it in half and put one side on each cup. It might work!

Otherwise, cut up a newborn's diaper and put that in the cup. I realize there is not much room, but that might keep you from wetting your blouses.

11/11/2005 11:29:00 pm  
Blogger Bec said...

Does Jasper the Giant still fit in newborn nappies?
Good suggestion from Mar, and one I vaguely recally using in post-partum bleeding emergency myself, although if my dad is reading these comments again he may have to cringe a bit...

11/11/2005 11:38:00 pm  
Blogger Chatty said...

Mental pictures...lol

Michele sent me.

11/11/2005 11:41:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

So sure, I may regale you all with tales of the leaking breast, but I draw a deep thick black line at putting a baby nappy in my bra.

Bec, mum bought me a box of 100 of those darn tiny newborn nappies, and the kid is wearing them until the last one is gone. GONE I say! (which should be this week, ideally not before Wednesday afternoon, pay day, for me to buy the next size up...)

11/12/2005 09:47:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home