Glamorouse

Saturday, November 19, 2005

A couple of words for you to understand my day

what should have been joy filled, lots of fun, catching up with friends, showing of my one-month-old-today child was instead peppered by the following: - aching joints - migraine - boobs that feel like someone has put them in a vice and is turning the wing-nutty thing - or whatever the tightening device is called - a back that feels like someone has hit me with a 2-be-4 (I have no idea if that is the right way to right that and I know every chippie out there is laughing at me, but indulge ok...) hurt - Jasper feeding every two hours - for over 20 minutes on each breast - it was, like, THIRTY degrees - bursting into tears on a friend of ours who is also a midwife - standing in a pretty pink five year old's bedroom with said friend feeling my breasts. No, not like that. - sitting in the lounge room, with a house full of people, of which I knew approximately 5, with a bag of peas on one breast and an ice-pack on the other. - crying when saying good bye to everyone, because even though I felt like absolute utter CRAP, it really was a glorious, wondrous, fabulous day of friends, great food, wine and laughter. And now, as I sit here and type, there are two snaplock bags of peas on each breast and dear God nothing has ever bought such sweet sweet relief. If I wasn't feeling quite so off the planet due to lack of sleep and raging mastitis, I would engage in a discourse as to why ice is so good in moments of distress and pain, but I'm to over it. Tomorrow, or maybe in a bazillion days when I feel a little more normal I'll post piccies of my first Thanksgiving feast with a great bunch of friends.

3 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the mastitis. I know what you mean, because I had a touch of it when my first kid was born. No one told me about frozen peas, though, and I do think that would have helped.
Feel better soon!

11/20/2005 03:40:00 am  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Ouch ouch ouch! I wish I could come over and help you out, 'cause I totally would if you weren't like 20,000 miles away...

Hope you feel better soon.

11/20/2005 04:07:00 am  
Blogger Kate B. said...

owww, I'm really feeling for you. Layer on those peas and remember that you will get through it. Oh, and cry as much as you like because it is totally shit after giving birth and why bother to hide it? My big issue was always trying to look as if I was coping when actually I was mush inside - made it one hell of a lot worse. Good luck! There's a lot of water between us but I'm with you mentally.

11/20/2005 05:01:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home