Glamorouse

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Yikes!

I too am caught out with visitors arriving and not a thing to be done with my hair. Goodness, Kim, what shall we serve? Over here in the Inner West I can rustle up some wine and crackers and tarama, have you done any baking over in the Northern Beaches? What am I saying! Of course you have baking, and your baking is so gooooood that any first-time visitors are bound to come back for more! So please, the place is a mess and we've just been through one of our monthly tit for tat see-how-differently-we-can-blog-from-each-other-on-the-same-blog phases, but you're very welcome to come in and look around and have a chat for a while. Three kids apiece and one of them only 4 weeks old, you'll just have to forgive us for not having vacuumed recently. (and thanks, Ms Michele, we're touched.) mtc Bec

8 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

Hi there!

I'm visiting from Michele's, but can't wait to come back already.

11/17/2005 11:04:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!!!

Michelle sent me!! Have a wonderful day!!

11/17/2005 11:07:00 pm  
Blogger kenju said...

Good morning, Bec and Kim, congratulations on being the site of the day at Michele's - she sent me this time. You know I am here often!

11/17/2005 11:22:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

hey all - and welcome newbies and hello once more kenju. I had to get up and say something as well, we're feeling so bad the house is such a mess!

11/17/2005 11:29:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

and Bec - today marked the start of Christmas baking. The fruit for my christmas cakes (of which you will probably be a recipient...unless we find another area of difference and you confess you are 'one of those' types of people who hate Christmas cake. Mine has slithers of Lindt chocolate through it if that makes it more tempting.

This year's fare will include:
the cakes
fruit mince tarts
gingerbread
shortbread
probably two christmas puddings (boiled, in cloth)
and a relish or jam... or two.

11/17/2005 11:37:00 pm  
Blogger Bec said...

Hi Kim
the only kind of Chrissie cake I don't like is the dry as a bone CWA version with too much peel and not enough cherries, and I can't imagine you ever going down that path!
As for me, my family's agreed that enough mourning has gone past that I could now attempt to take on the mantle of mother, grandmother, great grandmother and great-great-grandmother and make THE Christmas pudding. Sounds like we need to do a special edition of EatMe to get a grip on our Xmas food plans!

11/18/2005 06:24:00 am  
Blogger WendyWings said...

Good morning from Dorkland New Zealand :)
Michele sent me. Xmas food plans ach I should start I guess. I DO have a lot of my shopping done though :)

11/18/2005 07:27:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello bec half! I've seen you comment on Michele's before and was always a bit curious, but never got around to stopping by :) Congrats on being site of the day, and I really love the site!

Michele sent me.

11/18/2005 01:12:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home