Glamorouse

Thursday, November 17, 2005

While I'm feeling rather knackered today...

I've just got home from having tea and muffins O.U.T. with two wondrous friends. You know, where you just sit, in a coffee shop, pull your boob out for everyone to see, get a bit of spew on you that isn't your own, get tea on your sleeve and then unintentionally let it soak onto your shirt so it looks like your boob is leaking wee coloured milk, but drink two delicious cups of tea, a magnificent muffin laden with squidy apricots halves and just natter away on everything from brain tumours, holidays, husbands, children, clothes, industrial relation reform and school choices. People, just so you know, this is my idea of bliss. Pure, unadulterated bliss. Now the uni stuff is out of the way, I have that divine feeling of space... and time... that I know is precious. So I just wanted to roll around in it for a while. This was posted by Heather's husband, Jon, who looks a lot like Jason Lee (who I think is a big spunk but not in the imdb photo), loves his wife, has a sense of humour and gets the concept of right and wrong, as well as obviously being hugely capable in a technological way - anyway, he posted this about something Umberto Eco wrote on facism and I liked it. Is this my subconscious being worried I'm coming across as the Lennie to Bec's George in this blog? Maybe, but it could just be my frame of mind at the moment as I watch our Federal Government actively seeking to create a real underclass of the working poor in Australia while standing there all earnest and righteous saying it is good for the country. I'm seriously just counting the minutes until John Howard says it's unAustralian to not support his draconian, heartless, puritanical reforms.

9 Comments:

Blogger Suse said...

I love it when you two talk amongst yourselves on MY blog! No really, it's ok.

I am so with you re the IR stuff. How did that man get voted into power?

150,000 people marched in the streets of Melbourne on Tuesday. (I was not one of them, as I had three children to look after as they were off school due to the fact that their teachers were marching. However I was there in 1993 when we marched against Kennet's reforms). And that's enough political ranting from me.

I loved your image of the boob leaking brown milk. I miss the days of whipping my breasts out in public at the drop of a hat.

And I cannot believe I just wrote that. You girls are so bad for me.

11/17/2005 03:01:00 pm  
Blogger Canadian Mark said...

Congratulations on recieving site of the day. Glad to hear that you have found bliss. That's not my cup of tea though *groan*.

I'm off to explore your place a bit more. Michele sent me.

11/17/2005 04:40:00 pm  
Blogger Erin said...

Hello from Michele's!

LOL! I am a big fan of the 'oops I dripped water/milk/tea upon myself!'

Congratulations on being site of the day! The baby is beautiful!

11/17/2005 05:15:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

G'day!Yes! you are the site of the day, congratulations. Michele sent me this morning, but I come here on my own too, just because I enjoy how you two blog. Have a nice day and a good weekend :D

11/17/2005 05:16:00 pm  
Blogger buffi said...

Hi! Michele sent me.

I almost miss nursing the baby whist out and about with friends. Almost. But not exactly miss. Remember fondly, perhaps is more accurate.

11/17/2005 05:27:00 pm  
Blogger Begered said...

Hello! Michele sent me...congrats on getting the site of the day. So is this what I have to look forward to when I have a baby? :)

Have a good evening and I am sure I will be back to visit this blog again soon...

11/17/2005 05:59:00 pm  
Blogger JoeC said...

Hello, Michele sent me. yosh, ya the site of tha day.... time to party... cheers!

11/17/2005 06:18:00 pm  
Blogger dena said...

Michele sent me today, but I enjoy stopping by on my own, as well. Congrats on being selected as site of the day.

Your day is bliss! Mommy bliss! Funny, how parenthood changes our perception. I would loved to be part of a day like that. Much fun.

11/17/2005 06:22:00 pm  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hi! Conrats on being the site of the day! I'll be back again, for sure, to read more about 'bliss', in all it's wonderousness!
And by the way, Michele sent me today!

11/17/2005 07:53:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home