Glamorouse

Monday, May 29, 2006

Sometimes the best way to end a manic weekend of over-commitment is a bout of gastro.

5.00am - the baby wakes. 5.04am - feeding. Sitting in dark in living room doing so. Hear Oscar stirring. 5.08am - Oscar cries. He takes his night splints off. 5.12am - Felix comes out (he has to be first) but on seeing how dark it is outside says, "it's too early" and promptly returns to bed. That's my boy. 5.13am - Oscar relocates to our bed then cries for me. 5.15am - Jasper does the most massive vomit of entire feed, mid-suck, and then some, all over himself, me, the lounge and the floor. Question that can render you motionless at 5.15am: Do I clean up me, the baby, the lounge or the floor first? 5.16am - Strip off dressing grown, mop up floor with it as I head for bathroom. 5.16.22 - Second vomit all over me and him 5.16.35 - Run bath for baby 5.18 - Tell husband to get up and help 5.20 - The whole family is up. (I got a shower at about 5.45 - after mopping the floor, cleaning the lounge, putting washing on, getting baby settled) End of the day: Jasper - five outfit changes, three baths Washing - two sets of sheets, four other loads Me - eating whatever I feel like as I figure the amount of vomit and poo that I've dealt with today, it's only a matter of hours until I am having that affair with the cold bathroom tiles. And somehow, I actually did work from home.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Whoo-eee, you do know how to celebrate the weekend in style!

R's worker brought by It Takes Two To Talk - thanks for the recommendation!
I hope today was better than yesterday!

5/30/2006 09:06:00 am  
Blogger Lynne@Oberon said...

Yuck! Covered in vomit - it's amazing how quickly you get used to that. I hope the little fellow is okay now and I really hope you don't get it!

5/30/2006 10:45:00 am  
Blogger Joke said...

OMG.

We just had this happen. Like, not 45 minutes ago, with both boys.

And, after 9 years as a dad I am no nearer getting used to it than I am getting to be a billionaire playboy.

-J.

5/30/2006 04:31:00 pm  
Blogger Bec said...

I know you'll take this the right way when I say I hope that at that hour it was just milky vomit and not half digested chunky solids with that vile stringy mucus - ugh, making myself gag now.

Hope Tuesday treated you more kindly, bloss.

ps - did I miss the over committed weekend post? or were you too over committed to write it?!

5/30/2006 05:23:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

just see the one I wrote last weekend (or was it the weekend before) and it ran essentially the same.

5/30/2006 07:35:00 pm  
Blogger Joke said...

Suffice it to say we had a very thorough exposition on the multiple variations possible on the subject.

Verily this doth give suck.

-J.

5/30/2006 10:44:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home