Glamorouse

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Oh yeah

and we found out today we're getting dogs. One - a black female labradoodle (who will be called Coco - is Oscar's dog) will be here at the end of this month. The other - a golden male labradoodle (who will be called Max and will apparently be Felix's dog, but I know he is a child of my own and that will only be until the novelty wears off) will be here in mid-June. The boys and Chef, but particularly Chef are beside themselves. Me? Not so much. And I know you all know why. Because despite all promises by Chef to the contrary, I will be the one who: - ends up getting up early with them - arranging all the puppy-school training stuff - taking them and the boys to the puppy training boot camp hell zone - taking them to the Vet - feeding them - walking them - picking up their shit (as if wiping three other arses than my own was not already enough) - dealing with Oscar dealing with puppy jumping issues - dealing with the whole "Puss, meet two dogs, yes the species that mauled you when you were about four months old, but no, these ones are nice. Please be friends." disaster . - being the only truly vigilant one that I don't find Jasper in the jaws of one of them. And really, it's been kinda nice not having to be *that* vigilant with the freakishly mobile now-climbing-stairs and almost-cruising-furniture 6 month old. When we informed the boys tonight, Oscar drew a sketch - on the floor in the lounge room - with his finger - in the vein of an intrepid explorer drawing a path in the dirt - of just where Coco would be sleeping...in his room. That's right, oh what fresh hell is this gonna be.

11 Comments:

Blogger Badger said...

Dude. Duuuuuuuude. OMG. I feel for you. DH and the kids have been wanting a dog for ages, but I've put my foot down for EXACTLY THOSE REASONS.

Better you than me, man.

5/02/2006 11:17:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

Yeah.

5/02/2006 11:52:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

oh and my other biggest issue - which is yet to be asked and therefore answered, is if we're getting a boy and a girl, do I have to contend with humping as well as shitting in the backyard???

Sighing. Loudly.

5/02/2006 11:54:00 pm  
Blogger Badger said...

They will absolutely hump one another until you get them fixed. Ask me how I know.

5/03/2006 02:03:00 am  
Blogger cmhl said...

oh, I feel your pain. we have a new dog, about 4 months old, and I'm sure you can guess who the primary caretaker is...

5/03/2006 05:59:00 am  
Blogger MsCellania said...

I see 2 surgeries in the very near future. A spay and neuter, not necessarily in that order.

And Have. You. Gone. Mad?

These are HUGE dogs. The dog food alone will cost you a small fortune every month. And the poop? Do you own a snow shovel? Or better yet, a Front Loader?!

We will not own another dog. And you have again convinced me why. The dog owns YOU!

5/03/2006 06:37:00 am  
Blogger My float said...

Oh dear, Kim. I hope it's up to Chef to explain why the nice doggies are jumping on each other!!

5/03/2006 06:59:00 am  
Blogger Bec said...

I'd have commented earlier but I was out walking the kids' dog.


(and now I have a wheelchair next to word verif, too - does anyone know what this means?)

5/03/2006 07:40:00 am  
Blogger Jess said...

Sweetie, your blogging days may just.be.over.

Remember the scene from Jurassic Park where Laura Dern is up to her elbows in dino poo?

we will think of you fondly.

5/03/2006 08:03:00 am  
Blogger Lynne@Oberon said...

Heck - dogs! We have one and he is good for copping my anger when I have yelled at the kids enough. I feel sorry for him because we neglect him terribly now that we have kids. But your kids are older and maybe canine and kids will all be great friends.
Yep, humping will happen maybe even if they are neutered. Its a dominance thing.

5/03/2006 11:35:00 am  
Blogger KPB said...

apparently they're neutered young. Something to do particularly with boy dogs and irradicating agression. But these are dogs, bred by a vet specifically for family pet purposes, who is giving us the dog for Oscar from a particular mother who has a remarkably gentle nature.

blah Blah BLAH

Yeah I have a wheelchair - a new blogger feature that is providing a neat source of irony as well.

They're not that big. But not little yap dogs that I have to almost hold my own leg down for want of kicking.

5/03/2006 07:11:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home