Glamorouse

Friday, April 28, 2006

An Eagle tagges us for 10 simple pleasures

Miss Eagle is a relatively new acquaintance but I suggest you visit one of her excellent blogs because:
  • she has very beautiful magnolias at the top of her Trad Pad pages
  • she has two boys who grew to be more than two metres high
  • she successfully sewed a safari suit for a man she loved. We all have very special memories The Suit, yes? Mine involves my English head teacher in the summer time shorts version ... Oh Vernon, where are you now?

Miss Eagle recently tagged the Kimster and me, but with all the travelling, hospitalling and Anzac biscuiting that's been going on here lately, it's taken a while to catch up (and don't worry, you're still going to get my Why Am I Suddenly In Dorrigo story, I just have to do this first).

The tag is for 10 Simple Pleasures, and I am certain I won't be as eloquent as Miss Eagle, who brought a tear to the eye in her number 10.

1. Open fires - mesmerising and, if you have to have cold weather (which I secretly doubt) then an open fire is the best consolation around.

2. A goldfish in a pond, equally mesmerising and just as enjoyable in warm weather.

3. New mown grass: smell, look, feel.

4. Perfectly painted toe nails in summer sandals

5. Chanel No 5 for my birthday - always.

6. Cuddles in bed, from anyone except the dog because of her smelly feet and tendency to lick when over-excited.

7. Silly stories from my children. Actually - pretty much anything from my children but it would have been dull for others were I to list kiddy things for all 10.

8. A perfectly browned pastry crust emerging from the oven.

9. The feel of your tongue over newly cleaned teeth.

10. The smell of sheets coming in from the clothes line on a sunny afternoon.

mtc

Bec

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So many of your simple pleasures are Miss Eagle's too. The open fire! When Big Red, the Dearly Beloved, was alive and we were living atop the Great Dividing Range at Toowoomba Queensland at the first nip in the autumn air he would light the open fire in theliving room, the glass doored fire place in the very cold south facing kitchen, and the gas fire in the sun-room. Anticipation is a wonderful thing! And Miss Eagle wear's Chanel No 5 Satin Body Spray. One big bottle lasts about six months. This makes it a good value proposition. She started wearing it when she lived in Sydney and used to buy it at a little perfumerie in Shoppingworld in North Sydney near her office. Loved the Anzac Biscuit saga. In fact, Miss Eagle loves Anzac Biscuits whether home baked or from Woolworths.

4/28/2006 10:46:00 pm  
Blogger My float said...

Ah, yes, freshly mown grass and freshly washed sheets. Both always remind me of my chilhood.

4/29/2006 04:21:00 pm  
Blogger Lynne@Oberon said...

Fresh sheets - oh the supreme pleasure! Crispy, clean, fresh sheets make me quiver :)

5/01/2006 10:19:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home