Glamorouse

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Unconscious mutterings, the flawed process

Here's why it's flawed - Kim diligently does this word association, I read it and go, 'Cool, I'll do that' and copy and paste it from Kim's post, then delete her responses while trying not to read them so as not to influence my own word associations...

But then, as I fill in my own answers, I'm suddenly hit with paranoia: am I writing 'voices' after 'distant' because I want to, or because subconsciously I've read it in Kim's response, even though I don't recall anything past 'surround'.

And of course, if I go back to Kim's to check, I'll only read more of her answers whether I try to or not, and that will skew my responses even more...

It's not all whine and roses, this joint-blogging business.

Rising :: moon Third ::finger (my wedding ring) Disruptive :: influence (me, mostly) Surround :: with rose petals Distant :: voices (what the hell, I'm taking a punt) Suction :: pump Fried :: chicken Nuggets :: gold Clip :: art San Antonio :: died a martyr. mtc Bec

9 Comments:

Blogger Bec said...

Dammit, I KNEW you had 'voices'.

4/23/2006 10:36:00 pm  
Blogger Suse said...

Well your nuggets are nicer than Kim's.

And I can't believe I just typed that.

(Yes, you are the first to notice the blue. Congratulations! I think everybody else is ignoring me. Or they're colour blind.)

4/23/2006 11:20:00 pm  
Blogger blackbird said...

suction: pump

yer killing me!

(I am so NOT ignoring her blue, and, in fact, like it very much...tell her if you see her)

4/24/2006 06:31:00 am  
Blogger KPB said...

I will put the link off to LunaNina above my list - so you can go there, cut and paste the code and do it that way before seeing mine.

Helpful?

4/24/2006 11:10:00 pm  
Blogger MsCellania said...

Rising :: gas prices
Third :: grade
Disruptive :: children
Surround :: sound
Distant :: thunder
Suction ::cup
Fried :: eggs
Nuggets :: gold
Clip :: toenails
San Antonio :: Texas

4/25/2006 01:03:00 am  
Blogger Karen said...

Yes, I could imagine that it's a challenge. But you both seem to be able to rise to the occasion, right?

Here via Michele's. I chose you from her blogroll. It's been ages! Hope you're both well.

4/25/2006 05:11:00 am  
Blogger My float said...

I can't do these because I try desperately not to look at your answers but some slip into my not-so-subconscious and then I just look like a big copycat.


Suround with rose petals...now there's a beautiful mage.

4/25/2006 07:43:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Bec and Kim,
I have tagged you to nominate your ten simple pleasures. Hope you can find the time to respond. Hop over to The Trad Pad at http://tradpad.blogspot.com to see the details and a link to Ms Robyn who got all this going.

Blessings and bliss

4/25/2006 11:15:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is why I have so much trouble with these types of things. I worry that it will look like I copied the answers from someone else.

What are those distant voices saying?

4/26/2006 09:42:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home