Glamorouse

Monday, April 17, 2006

Tagged here by Kim, who swiped from Joke who swiped it from ... I AM: a reluctant A Type. I WANT: security and happiness for my family; a coffee maker with automatic timer; the perfect white shirt. I WISH: I could have a weekend away every year, just me and books and a big bed and the sea. I HATE: the streak of martyrdom that makes me peevish I MISS: sleeping in with my husband I FEAR: for my babies. Also lizards and frogs touching me. I HEAR: the children playing together and am (sometimes) glad we have three. I WONDER: what I would have achieved if I'd dodged the stupid first marriage? I REGRET: the stupid first marriage. I AM NOT: naturally a morning person, and yet I see so many dawns. I DANCE: with the children, while they're still not embarrassed. I SING: a lot. I CRY: when I'm angry. I hate that. I AM NOT ALWAYS: available to blog. But Kim manages to carry at least half my load as well as her own. I MAKE WITH MY HANDS: food, food, food. I WRITE: for work. I CONFUSE: my lazy co-worker who just cannot understand the very basic rules of direct quotations. I NEED: professional adrenaline, domestic peace. I SHOULD: really try for that weekend away this year. I START: my family's day. I FINISH: too many bottles of wine. I TAG: My Float, and anyone else who wants it. mtc Bec

10 Comments:

Blogger BabelBabe said...

Bec, I cry when I am mad too and I HATE it.

4/17/2006 09:57:00 am  
Blogger Badger said...

Ooo, me three! In fact, that was going to be my exact answer when I eventually swipe this meme.

4/17/2006 12:24:00 pm  
Blogger Suse said...

I too have a propensity to burst into tears at daft moments.

And I've just read your comment on Sueeeus' blog. Did you work out which picture was me?

(Hint: I'm the one with a very short haircut and a huge pregnant belly).

4/17/2006 05:08:00 pm  
Blogger My float said...

Hate crying. Really drives me crazy. Thanks for the tag!

4/17/2006 05:16:00 pm  
Blogger My float said...

PS. You're really lucky your kids let you dance with them. Two year old throws a complete fit if I join in with him. Cruel kid. I'm destined to have no fun revisiting my childhood!

4/17/2006 05:26:00 pm  
Blogger Bec said...

Hey Miss A, I blame the kids' dancing on the Prof's side of the family - both his mum and dad were professional ballroom dancers.

4/17/2006 07:58:00 pm  
Blogger lazy cow said...

Definitely try for the weekend away. Sounds like heaven. My husband cured me of crying when I get angry (or upset, or happy). He just hates tears, so I do it in private now.

4/17/2006 08:16:00 pm  
Blogger MsCellania said...

Bec, please don't regret your first marriage. I'm sure you have grown into the wonderful person you are because you went through trying times. I spent way too much time being angry and feeling used by the first marriage. Then I was angry for having wasted the time grousing about it. Then I had a an epiphany of sorts and forgave myself for all my Old Stuff and Questionable Choices. It's simlply Kharma - something you needed to go through in your journey of life.
I now see that I deserve the very good life I have now; I've earned it. And I'm grateful. That is enough.

4/18/2006 01:32:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me three, me four, I lost track. I hate that crying thing that takes over any raised emotion. Arggggghh.

Me too to so many of these! Just today, I'm wishing I had more time because my lunch break is over and I've only made it partially through glamorouse and haven't gone anywhere else yet! Oh for more time. :)

4/18/2006 05:38:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same wish and I cry when I am at the most angry that's how you would know you have pushed me to my limits. I have few regrets in this life. I do not in any way regret my first marriage. I have 2 amazing kids that came out of it. I put it this way: everything that happened then helped to make me who I am now. I like who I am. How could I regret something that gave me so much?

4/19/2006 06:46:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home