Glamorouse

Saturday, April 15, 2006

do you want to know?

just how many pairs of jeans I own? 7. S.e.v.e.n. how many fit? 0. z.e.r.o. If blogger let me, that would be a big f.a.t. zero. There's the - traditional 501s that I bought when I lost 22 kilos in 1995-1996 - the fancy made-just-for-me Wilgenhof's made by Paddi G who Chef used to work with (these have never fitted) - the Jag pair I bought when I had turned 30 and lost about 15 kilos that rocked - a pair of high waisted Jeans West that I have no idea where they came from, but I suspect were my fat jeans at some point - the Portmans low waisted ones with two buttons at the waist which I loved and thought in the shop "I only need to lose about 2kgs for these to look hot" so never lost the weight and instead had another baby so have never worn - the other Portmans pair I bought at the same time which did fit and which l lived in the winter before last (in high rotation with the Jag pair) - a faded pair of Jeans West which I must have lived in at some time because they're really worn and soft. They do up but the muffin top is so hideous they are simply not an option. Look away, I'm hideous.

10 Comments:

Blogger Suse said...

I have ONE pair of jeans, that I never wear (501s). I am short, with v.short legs and good childbearing hips so jeans look ghastly on me. I look kind of square in jeans.

11.28am and I'm still in my pjamas.

4/15/2006 11:31:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muffin top? Please explain.

4/15/2006 12:39:00 pm  
Blogger MsCellania said...

I have 2 pair of Jag jeans. One has holes in the knees. I am cutting them off right above the knees and hemming them this weekend. Our babysitter has assured me this is the new 'look'. I'm just grateful I can keep the jeans in use. They are fabulous. Worth every penny.

I think jeans are about the most difficult item of apparel in which to find a flattering fit. Once you find a pair - buy 3 or 4. I hadn't worn jeans in 10 years before I found the Jag jeans. I thought I would never wear jeans again. Now I'm addicted to them again.

4/15/2006 02:14:00 pm  
Blogger Joke said...

I've always been a huge fan of 501s, even to the point of doing that whole bathtub shrinking thing and, after the Gap #10 were discontinued (YOU BASTARDS!), I have only worn the 501s exclusively.

-J.

4/15/2006 06:22:00 pm  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

Gah! The muffin top! the bane of my existence.
Even the things I can get buttoned look awful because of the muffin top.

4/15/2006 09:17:00 pm  
Blogger blackbird said...

tote bags!
you can make a zillion tote bags with them!
or rip them into strips and braid a rug --
or make seat covers for your car!
hats? maybe?

I have muffin thighs.

4/15/2006 09:45:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

Angie - please refer to:
http://www.kathandkim.com/

it explains so very very much. everything even.
Get there toot sweet.

4/15/2006 10:58:00 pm  
Blogger MsCellania said...

The boys have 501's. It is the one hand-me-down item that has a wait list among my GFs with younger chilluns. And they Keep Track! As in "Kathryn got the last pair didn't she? Are we still up for the size 4's that R has outgrown?"

There's just sumpthin' about 501's. I, Personally? Look Particularly hideous in them.

Out to check out the muffin link. I only recently discovered cankles, thanks to Lazy Cow.

4/16/2006 12:27:00 am  
Blogger Joke said...

I need a dictionary.

-J.

4/16/2006 04:32:00 am  
Blogger My float said...

muffin top...good look, isn't it?!

Last year, post-baby, I found a pair of jeans at a myer sale and loved them so much I bought another three. They fit nicely, they flare a little at the bottom and I manage the muffin top by wearing a belt.

But I hear you on the "nothing fits" front. That is too deeply distressing, I know. Nothing more I can say unfortunately, other than, I'm there with you!

PS. I think I used up the daily quote of vowels on the word verification - dioauu. This must be a record!

4/16/2006 05:39:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home