Glamorouse

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Acknowledging

that when you pull your mouthguard out of your mouth in the morning and it is snapped in two, you really must clench and grind your teeth while sleeping. ***** how much you enjoy extended posts on a variety of topics by your blogging partner. ***** how our life could not exist as it currently does without the comprehensive assistance of my Mum and MIL. As it stands, Mum is picking up both boys from two different schools three afternoons a week, getting them afternoon tea, doing a coaching of someone else's child, getting them to do their homework and feeding them dinner. After she's been at work all day as well. In front of a room of about 30 extraordinarily bright 12 year olds. And she's 63. My MIL is coming down to our place at least one morning a week to take Oscar (Felix goes to the school where Mum teaches, so he's going with her about 4 mornings a week) and picking the boys up at least one afternoon a week for the same rigmarole detailed above. ***** the glorious change of season. I love seasonal change. At the moment we have the most glorious sunshine filled days, with a sky so blue I've been known to just stop, look up, and drink it in to restore my frazzled soul. But the air is crisp. The hideous humidity of February and March is gone and while the days are warmed by the sun, the evenings and nights are definitely cool. I am sleeping, under a doona, all night long. Except for nights like last night when I was up at 11.30, 1.30 and 4. But still, crawling back to bed and under a doona is so much nicer than collapsing on a sweat-damp sheet. You may have guessed I am a winter girl. ***** that for some bizarre reason, I quite like watching golf on the tele. I think it's the genteelness of it all - the green green grass, the nicely dressed and respectable crowd, the quiet and considered commentary, the stillness of it all.

6 Comments:

Blogger Suse said...

You are so lucky to have your mum and mother in law around to help. Every time I get work that doesn't fall in between, oh, say 10am and 2pm, Mr Soup has to take time off to drop/pick up, or they go to (gasp) aftercare. And then he grumbles about missing work (and pay) etc and so it goes. I am so heartily sick of the juggle.

(Sorry. I didn't really mean to come here and whinge. I can't help it. It's those newly renovated walls of yours searing my retinas. And while we're on the subject of whinges and renovations, I can't just pop in here quickly anymore. The template takes decades to download. So I won't be here as frequently I'm afraid. Unless you bribe me with warm lemon sauce cake).

That is all.

word verif: blojrupe
Which is exactly how I feel this morning.

4/09/2006 09:45:00 am  
Blogger MsCellania said...

I'll take the warm lemon cake too, but I am not having to wait for a download.

You are really blessed to have a mom and mil who help. REALLY blessed. My parents have 'babysat' for a grand total of 4 hours in 5+ years. They live an hour away. My sister, who lives 10 minutes away, has babysat once or twice. My niece (with a baby of her own!) who is 20 min away, has babysat ZERO times, but I have babysat her daughter many times. Will you serve me a nice piece of cheddar with this whine?!

And I love autumn, too! I do like Spring, but here it's about a 10-day season. Then it's summer. Then we have a bit of coldish weather, then it goes scorching hot. Then BANG we get a snowstorm and gosh, I guess that was the start of autumn. It can literally snow any day here (foothills of Colorado) but it's also a semi-arid climate so it's HOT and DRY. Can't complain about the humidity...

I love flannel bottom sheet and a nice cosy doona too! AH! Plus the boys will snuggle for a long time when its cool - nada when it's hot out.

Did you get your locks changed etc? That's happened to us, too. And quite a few times to my parents. I think every time, it was a rotten teenager (or friend thereof) in the neighborhood. Wish I could hand you some nice chocolate for real.

Golf on TV? Paint drying is funner!

4/09/2006 11:40:00 am  
Blogger KPB said...

Ouch Suse, you are blojupe aren't you. I hear you on the juggle. Except it is me saying to Chef (who works 10 minutes drive from home, me who has an hour+ commute) that it just isn't acceptable for me to be arriving/starting work at 10-10.30 in the morning. That it is just calling in too much good will, too many favours etc from my boss and my workmates around me etc.

Sigh.

4/09/2006 11:42:00 am  
Blogger KPB said...

And Suse, as a complete techno-no-idea, I can't help with the download issues. Perhaps its a dial-up vs broadband issue?

4/09/2006 11:44:00 am  
Blogger KPB said...

I should say (nay too much thanks goes the way of mothers and MILs) that I am the one planning/pre-preparing/making the dinners that Mum then reheats (sometimes - and I KNOW I have no grounds for complaint, but she makes it all downstairs in our place, so when I finally do get home, I get to clean it all up. That and the absolute shit-fight they create doing homework. Why are 50 different pencils needed to write one small list of words out I will never ever understand). Abuse at not appreciating how lucky I am can start....NOW.
My MIL on the other hand, feeds them at their place and deposits home two deliciously tired dinnered boys home.

4/09/2006 11:48:00 am  
Blogger My float said...

You're right, Kim, we are having beautiful weather at the moment, air is crisp, kids don't get too sweaty running around. Except I have one complaint - runny noses. Like a tap. Gross.

Had to laugh at the clarification lest mum take too much credit. Ten bucks you wrote the original when the guilt about all the things you wrote about your mum had set in! Oh, yes, I recognise those symptoms! Mum has insisted on going to the Easter Show with LC and me because she wants to buy him so much. I feel like saying "There's the rubbish bin mum, why not march over and just throw $100 in it now." Love and craziness are such close companions! My sympathies!

4/09/2006 05:43:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home