Glamorouse

Friday, April 07, 2006

Post 561: Not much really

It's like having fancy clothes on and nowhere to go. Seriously, since Angie made us pretty I've developed some weird stage fright type of mindset. Nothing to say, occasional "ooh, I should write that down" only for it to instantly go "poof" and disappear on me, but really, just nothing to say. I could regale you with stories like, for some truly bizarre reason, I've drunk TWO litres of orange juice in two days. Or that today, I ate so.much.food. I've kind of felt ill all day, but kept eating all the same. Seriusly people, I ate about a weeks worth of food in a day today. What's with that? Or that on Tuesday night, when I put Felix to bed, he cupped my face in his hands and whispered, "you are the best mummy I could ever ever have wished for in the whole wide world" and I reckon you could hear my heart shatter into a thousand blissful shards of joy. Or that today in a meeting I just went blarrrr about the saving the world stuff of late and how we won just because I was so sick of trying to downplay it and want to shout it from the rooftops that we won! we won! we won! Or that this morning I whipped up a lemon sauce cake at 6:30 this morning for my boss (who HATES a fuss over her birthday) so we had "quiet cake" before this meeting I had to go in for - where I - probably highly inappropriately shared the we won! story - which was still warm. Delicious Or that, after a week of thinking "surely not" have accepted that yes, Jasper is waving at me and yes, since yesterday afternoon, that would be clapping as well. And yes, that would be pulling himself up on anything to a kneeling position. The third child, gifted. That or just desperate to be noticed for anything other than how "good" and "nice" he is. Or that someone heard Oscar calling out to Felix at the park on Sunday and remarked "how cute he calls Felix, 'brother'". And how fucking momentous that is, because he's called him wawa (for brother) since he was born, and to have a complete stranger 'hear' that he is saying brother is progress on a scale never dwelled upon because it makes my heart hurt too much. Or that tonight, while letting Felix stay up late and watch a Harry Potter movie way too old and scary for him, I managed to "oil his head" and FINALLY get rid of his cradle cap, which about two years ago Chef said to me, "I think that by age four, it's just called dandruff". Or how when he had a shower and we washed his hair after watching Harry Potter (the goblet one) and I was all "woohoo it's all gone", he cried and wanted it back because "I really really really liked it". What can I say, I've bred a mutual cuticle picking, head-scab generating (and picking) child. I'm so proud. But instead I just kinda go "nah" and stare at the screen. Weird huh. So let's just sit a while.

7 Comments:

Blogger Susie Sunshine said...

It's so pretty!!

(Angie is a genius.)

4/08/2006 03:20:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are liking your new clothes. :-) You look so pretty!

What is with the cradle cap? My baby has it and I grease and wash his head every day and the next day there it is again! In his eye brows too!! Arrghh!!

If I can properly convert that recipe I will be making a cake. Sounds delicious.

4/08/2006 03:24:00 am  
Blogger Bec said...

Plenty of somethings in the nothing. What's that quote about finding miracles in the everyday? Did I get that from my eight months of breastfeeding while watching Oprah with the Pea Princess?

4/08/2006 06:36:00 am  
Blogger Joke said...

Why did it take you so long to drink that orange juice?

Or am I overly citrus-obsessed?

-J.

4/08/2006 07:14:00 am  
Blogger My float said...

Kim, just a reminder that Seinfeld made a fortune out of writing aboutnothing!!
PS. I used Egozite for my son's cradle cap after numerous attempts at using olive oil, sorbelene etc failed to work. It was probably highly toxic but damn it was effective!

4/08/2006 08:34:00 am  
Blogger MsCellania said...

Lovely post; no worries about having nothing to say, and such a pretty place to say it.

But the cradle Cap? Oh, I have the fix. Buy a cat flea comb (steel, lotsa teeth) Put any oil on child's head. Just a little. Massage. Gently comb out that cradle cap with the comb. Clean comb frequently. VOILA! No more cradle cap. Do same for eyebrows, Angie. Your baby is young enough that he will let you do it!

I visit your blog just to look at it! My favorite colors! Ahhhhhh, life is so good.

4/08/2006 09:04:00 am  
Blogger KPB said...

Susie - we agree with your sentiment on Angie's abilities completely.

Angie - I oiled and scraped Felix's head when he was two months old, and was so vigorous that his whole head then 'weeped' - it wasn't cradle cap at all but part of his hideous milk rash. Oh the wailings and gnashings of maternal guilt that day.

Ange - I found QV bath oil was the solution at that age. It's Australian so not sure what your equivalent would be. Leave it with me and I'll investigate.

K

4/08/2006 02:53:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home