Glamorouse

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Five senses meme...

I saw this in a couple of places this past week and wish I could remember who was responsible because then I might find the proper rules! Sight: looking into the right eye of my youngest-by-one-minute child after the doctor tipped in the orange dye and shone his ultraviolet light, to see a one centimetre tear in her cornea. Then looking into the same eye, four times a day for four days, as she fought me tooth and nail against her antibiotic eye drops. And looking again this morning, seeing that the tear was almost completely healed. She has lovely eyes. This has been a bad four days. Sound: listening to Spicks and Specks closing segment tonight, a blues song: "I've got a George Foreman Grill, a George Foreman Grill; If you won't make me dinner...George Foreman will"... you kinda had to be there. Taste: eating Sirena tuna, mixed with S&W egg mayonnaise, salted capers and the last of the summer basil from the garden, on fresh bread rolls from the Vietnamese bakery down the road. Touch: newsprint, constantly. also grass, underfoot, not so common in our neck of the non-woods. Scent: my new dwarf lemon unexpectedly popped out a cluster of blossom this week - is there anything lovelier? Don't you wish there was smell-o-blogging?

mtc

Bec

8 Comments:

Blogger Bec said...

and please note, the purple of the lemon blossom buds almost exactly matches the plum font on our new colour scheme!

4/12/2006 10:04:00 pm  
Blogger MsCellania said...

What an explosion of senses. Ahhhhh! And yes; I longed for a scratch n sniff section on your blog today.

Sorry about your little one's eye! Scary. And wears one out to try to medicate.

4/13/2006 12:22:00 am  
Blogger blackbird said...

I adore the scent of lemon blossoms...
And I am so sorry about the eye.

4/13/2006 04:07:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a spicks and specks fan and loved the George Foreman Grill song. What a wonderful send up of consumerism!

Blessings and bliss - love the new template but oh it takes a while to load on my computer

4/13/2006 06:29:00 pm  
Blogger Suse said...

See, I'm not the only one with an elderly computer.

And holy snapping duckshit how did she tear her cornea at ALL, let alone one centimetre?

(I got three vowels. Word verif is ivfwatum, which none of us here need)

4/13/2006 09:01:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

I'm with Suse. First Prof tears a heart muscle, then E.T. tears her cornea. I dare not tempt what is next...

4/13/2006 09:08:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
Came across your blog while I was looking for the lyrics to the "George Foreman Grill" song! lol. According to my sister, everyone at school was singing it the next day! Nice blog you've got here.
Gala.

4/14/2006 07:45:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone know where the complete lyrics can be found?? Everyone I know is searching for them.

5/01/2006 10:42:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home