Glamorouse

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

It's Wednesday: I thought it was Tuesday: Is this a plus or a minus?

So confused about time just now. I seriously thought it was Tuesday today. All day. You know that feeling? Of course, for some of you in the getting-up-later part of the world (yes, sorry, that includes America) it actually is still Tuesday. For that, I forgive you. It wouldn't be so bad except I sent out a couple of releases today with "will be opened tomorrow (Wednesday 23rd March) " in them. So confused; so unwitting; so very, very confused. None of the releases went statewide, or to metro journos, thank god. So I can count on the innate insecurity of any regional/local journos to ring me if they are confused about dates. Sometimes it's good to have so much experience that you can predict how other people will help you cover for your fuck-ups. Sometimes it just makes me more tired. Yikes. The thing is. When I am doing multiple 12 and 16 hour days I expect to get confused about where I am in the week. Hell, I expect to get confused about whether I'm going to bed or just getting up --- several times a year. But the adrenaline rush makes up for that. Just now, however, I'm not particularly over-worked, just mildly out of my comfort zone. Between you and me: a secret? I think I'm just getting seriously old. So, dear internets, do me a favour and keep reminding me what day it is, OK? Preferably, in my own time zone. But I know you'll do your best. mtc Bec

9 Comments:

Blogger KPB said...

You're not old Bec, just incredibly good at what you do and moving into a zone where even out of your comfort zone you it's all just second nature. The what day is it thing, that just comes with the territory.

Even I don't know what that means.

Which means I don't think it has anything to do with age, but a lot to do with just chronic exhaustion and our brains not having an off switch.

3/22/2006 10:49:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

and think about it - you got through hump day thinking you still had hump day to come. That makes for a good hump day.

BTW - the Flying Fox - is going off like the proverbial frog in a sock.

3/22/2006 10:50:00 pm  
Blogger blackbird said...

presently, my husband is working on a project wherein he wakes at 3 in the morning and goes to work -- he returns at about 7 or 8 and goes to bed to start again...and it's a seven-day-a-week project. he hasn't a clue what day it is and is starting to make some critical errors.
yesterday he gave someone half of his office phone number and half the home phone number.

3/23/2006 12:05:00 am  
Blogger Joke said...

I thought this had all to do with the International Date line...

-J.

3/23/2006 12:57:00 am  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

you mean it's not friday? damn.

what proverb is the frog in the sock? enlighten us, please...but i do hope it's GOOD to go off like a frog in a sock.

do not go quietly into that good sock...

3/23/2006 04:11:00 pm  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

yes, i have been drinking.

3/23/2006 04:11:00 pm  
Blogger Joke said...

I could use a Friday.

-J.

3/23/2006 10:03:00 pm  
Blogger sueeeus said...

This happens to me too. A lot. So I'm afraid I won't be of much help.

I'll let you know how the wordpress experience goes. I do like the categories. And the free part. :)

You can list me as Sueeeus instead of Squished Piggy on your blogroll. It's so exciting to be on someone's blogroll!

3/24/2006 07:22:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I waited until friday to come tell you it is friday. Playing it safe. My baby is up every night at 1 1/2 - 2 hour intervals to breastfeed. It takes me awhile to clear the fog daily. I forget the day, date and time frequently since having him.

3/25/2006 12:48:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home