Glamorouse

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Show & Tell

Here is ours...for Blackbird: I concur with all said by Bec re butter, butter dishes and Australian conditions. Ours is a Denby. I love Denby. It's all very organic. I even just love saying the name. Denby. It's prohibitively expensive in Australia. I picked this up at an annual sale held nearby that no longer includes Denby in its annual sale. I suspect because everyone went for the Denby stuff and not much else. I believe this comes from the Luxor range. This doesn't match my dinner setting, which we got from various people for wedding gifts, and is Imperial Blue, but I love having mismatched settings - which I'm sure is somehow related to my obsession with Aga stoves, ramshackle cottages (except I know it's all a furphy and can only imagine the wildlife that would reside in all that clutter) and quilting. My teacup for work comes from its Fire range, and while I don't have the saucer (which irritates me, naturally), I absolutely love the shape, how it feels in my hands, the size and pattern. It makes my restorative cup of tea taste so much better:

8 Comments:

Blogger Bec said...

Listen. I grew up in a ramshackle cottage, with a stove that was always on, and a shitload of wildlife.

You. Would. Hate. It.

Now no more of this romanticising rustic crap. Women of not so distant generations lived and died (young) in domesticfuckingslavery in houses like that. With Agas. Let it go!

3/18/2006 11:00:00 pm  
Blogger MaR said...

I think I am the only one without a butter dish...

3/18/2006 11:15:00 pm  
Blogger blackbird said...

I love Denby too - and cottages...and a big freakin aga wouldn't be bad either. not so much the wildlife and ramshackleness.

3/18/2006 11:33:00 pm  
Blogger islaygirl said...

i love it. and despite bec's warnings, i love agas, too. there's one at my local EXPO design center and i go every so often to visit it.

3/19/2006 03:19:00 am  
Blogger KPB said...

Yes, I know I'd hate the ramshackleness of it all - but dude, let me dream. You had a horse as a kid. I got suburbia - you know the grass will always look greener for me.

3/19/2006 07:13:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your butter dish.

3/19/2006 10:36:00 am  
Blogger Jess said...

My friend's mother was once given a rather mediocre (in terms of color & design) set of teapot and cups and told in hushed tones, "It's Denby." And her daughters and I cracked up. But, I quite like your Denbys - especially the fact that the butter dish has a handle.

3/20/2006 10:30:00 am  
Blogger Lynne@Oberon said...

I think I need to get a butter dish ... am feeling like I don't have the right toys now :(

3/20/2006 01:14:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home