Glamorouse

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Travel Journal

Hi! My mum and dad once went on a holiday to Tasmania, and Mum, wanting to be a journalist and all, started a travel diary. Dad still gives her a hard time about it, because the one - and only - entry in it is, "It was a crisp summer morning and we're on our way". But the question for us children of the new millenia is why on earth would you diarise when all you need to do is digital photalise. Or somethin'. Day Trip March 2006 There is always a reason for a good trip away. After hours of staring at that garish floor rug Mum puts me on, it was time to make my own story. So I humped my way over to this weird contraption that was a bit wobbly and coulda fallen on my head, but that sorta made it even more exciting. There was this weird cool plasticy thing in the middle of my trip that I sucked on for while - weird taste but you know, gotta try whatever comes my way. It made a good thwacking sound though so I did that for a while too. But you know, when you set out on a day trip, there should always be a goal, but this, THIS, exceeded my wildest dreams:
LIKE KIND!
So much fun and yet, not as responsive as I'd hoped. So off I go. Onto much more interesting places. Full of wonderful colours, great flavours and little little bits. Behold, The Promised Land of Lego: mmm, so tasty, and so easy to smoosh up into smaller bits: See. I eat Lego men for breakfast. And there is nothing better after a Lego man meal Than chomping on A Lego Light. My mummy is so very afraid. So very very afraid.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bec said...

Your freakishly mobile son may never forgive you for capturing the full geekiness of his Big Adventure.

OMG Jasper.

I checked back on the few notes I've kept for our kids. Katy sat up at 5.5 months, Josh at 6 mths and Chloe (cue Evil Twin music) at 4.5months.

But I don't think any of them truly got their bunny hop shit together like that wee boy has.

PS - I've never finished a travel diary, either.

3/18/2006 10:55:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

He did his first proper "Look mum, no hands!" proper sit yesterday. Admittedly using the vacuum (G'ah don't get me started on my day yesterday)for a little bit of propping, but he only started to try the day before. It is a freak show over here.

3/19/2006 07:16:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home