Glamorouse

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Blackbird wants a butterdish

My butter dish is currently in storage, but it will come out one day. I can't take a picture of it just now but it looks just like this. Plain, white Pillivuyt. The problem with butter dishes in Australia is that they pretty much have to live in the fridge most of the year. This makes china slippery and prone to being dropped from great heights as you bring it to the table. Very few fridge butter compartments can hold a normal sized butter dish. This means the butter sits on a fridge shelf, in its dish, going rock hard. It seems to me that Tuvaluans must have the same problem, so I wonder what Blackbird does? The best compromise I've found is to keep the butter in the butter compartment of the fridge and cut chunks to go on the butter dish as needed. I don't bother very often, hence the banishment of the butter dish to storage when we had to strip our kitchen down to essentials for the renovation. The matching gravy boat and milk jug are there, too. I wonder if they miss me? mtc Bec

5 Comments:

Blogger blackbird said...

don't even get me started on the gravy boat, milk jug and butter dish dilemma.
don't.
I mean it.
really.
I wonder how one pronounces Pillivuyt.

I think I didn't realize that you were doing a kitchen reno. isn't it fun?

3/18/2006 11:29:00 am  
Blogger MaR said...

Didn't you JUST (in the last 6 months...) post pics of your new kitchen? renovating again or still in the process??? I don't have a butter dish, we only use real (melted) butter for asparagus in the spring. Love white china, it's all I have. And IKEA everyday whities, too!

3/18/2006 11:13:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine is a big plastic tub.

*sigh* I hit motherhood very unprepared - I have a very single sans-kid kind of kitchen. I really need to upgrade to married w/ children...

3/19/2006 12:44:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the white butterdish and I know the matching gravy boat and milk jug would please me as well. What size brick(?) does butter come in over there?

3/19/2006 10:37:00 am  
Blogger lazy cow said...

I have *severe* butter dish envy. And I don't even use butter.

3/21/2006 12:27:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home