Glamorouse

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

My turn to confess

Here I am, thanks to Kim's confessions - a little late for Sunday but contrite all the same.
  • I over-use words like vile and vexed and audacious. As a result my children come out with odd little phrases that make some adults look at them strangely. It's all my fault.
  • I have a foul temper and yet frequently manipulate domestic fights to make it look as though they are not my fault. It is despicable, I know, to use superior debating skills to outwit someone I love. But I can't stop.
  • I chew the skin on the sides of my thumbs. This doesn't match the vile infected cuticle confessions of others indulging in this list, but it does leave nasty torn patches of skin which go hideously well with...
  • ... old patches of nail polish. What can I say? I like putting it on, I hate taking it off. Whenever I use nail polish remover my nails immediately split and crack apart so I just put up with patchy old polish that I can pick at and flake off at my leisure.
  • I cut my own hair most of the time. I think this was in someone else's confession somewhere last week. I don't know why I should feel guilty about this but I know that I do. Why?
  • I cut all my kids' hair too. Because. In this groovy inner Sydney part of town ALL the kids have headlice, almost ALL the time. And even when they don't have live lice they have dead eggs that (trust me, I have tried EVERYTHING) will certainly not entirely come out before the next lot of live lice come along. Guilt? You try taking that to the hairdresser without wearing sackcloth and ashes, baby.

mtc

Bec

7 Comments:

Blogger KPB said...

I confess to feeling a level of relief at you posting (that I know only you know why) and that I've had two glasses of wine and sex on the lounge and suddenly, my anger at the world and my-life-is-shit feeling has dissipated slightly and I've spring-cleaned you-know-what so it couldn't possibly ever you-know-what because I could never ever be here alone and you need to know that and don't you just KNOW the power of being a good argumenter (even I know that's not a word) that allows you to get away with the thinnest of arguments because you're so.fucking.good.at.it. your other half doesn't even bother anymore?

The end

3/21/2006 10:24:00 pm  
Blogger My float said...

Just domestic fights, Bec??!! You sure about that? LOL. Man, I wish I had long lovely hair like yours, I wouldn't let anyone else touch it either. I'm with Kim - lice suck big time.

3/21/2006 10:50:00 pm  
Blogger blackbird said...

I cut the boys hair too --
but not K's, he goes to a real job.

I just cannot imagine spending even the little that the barber cost on four of us.

3/22/2006 12:07:00 am  
Blogger KPB said...

My haircut (and colour) has to be worked into the quarterly budget - which means it happens maybe twice a year. I am way too chicken of my own abilities to even consider the self-haircut...

3/22/2006 07:51:00 am  
Blogger Bec said...

I colour my own hair too. And use a streaks kit for highlights.

But once upon a BC time, I used to go every month or so to the hairdresser at the top of the Hotel Intercontinental and watch the Harbour go by while sipping complimentary champagne, perving on the French tennis team (facials and pedicures) and waiting for my artisan crafted foils to set...

3/22/2006 10:03:00 am  
Blogger Christabel said...

My hair is a couple years overdue for a cut because I'm just so damned reluctant to hand over money to fashionably-attired hairdressers.
And I do the arguing thing too; who doesn't?

3/22/2006 11:17:00 am  
Blogger KPB said...

Between the yoga pants and the self administered hair cuts, I just don't know you anymore.

PS - I can highly recommend the haloumi salad when you go to The Flying Fox.

3/22/2006 08:45:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home