Glamorouse

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Confessions - Bec

Do you love this? Or is it just me? Look here: Artcubana So, back to the confessional I go, thanks to the cathartic release provided by Kim's Confessions here and, most recently here. This week, I promise, no vermin. Instead, my theme is hypocrisy.
  • Sometimes I stay at work later than I absolutely need to, just because it is quiet.
  • I grump at my husband when he does the same thing. Even though he is usually genuinely behind in work and trying to catch up.
  • I often yell at my kids for yelling.
  • I try very hard not to threaten a smack when they are hitting.
  • I try even harder to not threaten a smack at all. When did I become this vile monster?
  • I frequently mention the cost to our household of the Prof's diet coke addiction, but keep the budget for my nightly wine habit a tight secret between me and the EFTPOS machine.

That will do.

And while we're at it, my penance is coming this weekend: another bottom to clean up after.

mtc

Bec

8 Comments:

Blogger Lynne@Oberon said...

I am the same with staying at work when it's quiet, only I don't actually stay at work ... I sit in my car with a mag before I go and pick the kids up from daycare. I get RACKED with guilt whenever I do that!!
I hate how much I yell at my kids - I feel like I am ALWAYS yelling at them. Feels like the only way to get through at the time though. But I read somewhere that your kids will learn how to cope with stress by observing how you do it. So my kids will stress out at the slightest thing, shout and swear, throw hands up in the air, and take it out on their husbands. Excellent.

3/28/2006 03:01:00 pm  
Blogger Bec said...

Did you say 'guilt'? Quick! Confess!


It's just occurred to me that the phrases "coke addiction", and bottom, penance, smacked may get us some interesting search terms in future.

3/28/2006 05:11:00 pm  
Blogger Suse said...

So, is the 'after' the dangling participle? Cos here's MY confession: I can spell, but my grammar? Is all done with smoke and mirrors.

3/28/2006 05:20:00 pm  
Blogger Bec said...

I think the 'after' is a dangler, but now I'm doubting myself.

Curse those free-thinking, bra-burning leftie 1970s primary school teachers.

I'm going to leave it there now and see if a formally educated pedant comes along to correct me.

3/28/2006 05:44:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

who's arse are you having to wipe or is my state of shock at being robbed meaning I'm missing something?

The after is redundant.

Not a word too many. Except if it makes the story better.

and if you are in the land of cleaning up bottoms, lets hope there aren't dangling bits to deal with.

3/28/2006 09:17:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

I think you can have the pictures, they're kinda freakin me out.Although there could just be an issue of timing in that.

3/28/2006 10:21:00 pm  
Blogger Joke said...

FWIW,

I never yell, I smack when it's required (after due warning) and feel no particular guilt thereafter.

-J.

P.S. My kids have come to realize my wife and I deal w. stress VERY differently.

3/31/2006 05:46:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am this moment dallying in the peace and quiet of my office, reading your blog, looking at the clock and seeing I have eight more minutes before I need to run off to collect my beautiful boy from daycare. Once he's home, he will help my type and has proven to be quite good at rebooting my machine. To ease my guilt, I tell myself I'm doing him a favor or two, because the times I've gone early to collect him, he's been napping and I've had to wake him. Not good. Or, he's busy playing with his friends and he has so much fun he's not all that excited to get strapped into that wretched car seat. The terrible twos have arrived 10 months early!

3/31/2006 11:59:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home