Glamorouse

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Well...

even the baby is shocked...
sometimes I am appalling in my ability to keep in contact with people. It comes from a general phone phobia (I'm adding that as 117 to my list) and just a bad habit of well time passing and me thinking "I must ring them, just after I do/go/finish...". Sometimes the appallingness of this outshines all other appallingness. Such as the fact neither of my birth parents knew I was pregnant, let alone the fact they are now grandparents for the THIRD time even though they're only 46 and 48 respectively. I'm not kidding. They were really naughty teenagers. But, back to what I was saying. How BAD is that. Appalling. My birth mother, Helen, and I had a chat the other day, and my birth father Len and his awesome wife Sharon rang me tonight - about an hour and a half ago - and we just got off the phone. This is my way of making the most public apology possible. Sure, they weren't ringing me either, but I was pregnant - which is sort of worth picking up the phone and sharing with others. There is so much I could write about the whole adoption/reunion thing, and will, but it just takes an energy that needs time, and pace and room. Now, because it's been a few days:

1 month old

and just quietly, between friends... last night the cutest baby in the world, he slept from about 9.15pm to 4am. Which would have been even more blissful had Felix not woken at 1am (he NEVER wakes in the night) and Oscar at 3am.

10 Comments:

Blogger Bec said...

Don't worry, my friend Annie, who in many ways is the nearest thing I have to a sister thanks largely to her habit of adopting the world, and having a hundred or so real sisters of her own (I kid you not, old-fashioned Catholic family) was rang to see if we were coming up to see them at Christmas time a few years back:
"I'm not sure yet," says I.
"Depends on how well the twins travel in the car."
"Twins?" says Annie... "What do you mean 'twins'?"

They were, at that stage, three months old. Even worse, I got the positive pregnancy test while house-sitting for Annie and Rob the Christmas prior...

I am ignoring all reference to a one month old baby boy sleeping seven hours straight. It's important that I don't acknowledge it because I make it a habit not to speak to people whose babies know how to sleep.

It is no coincidence that the word verification says "kichym" - although I would never really kick him, maybe just nudge the cot a bit to get him to stir...

11/24/2005 10:37:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

I realise that by speaking of said sleeping I am probably selling my soul to the devil of never will sleep through the night until at school land, but my GOD can you believe it.
And thank you for making me feel better re the communication issues. At least you were the FIRST person to know of possible pregnancy and then the first friend informed. Hah!

11/24/2005 10:51:00 pm  
Blogger Aginoth said...

that always happens, you'll never have all your kids sleep through on the same night...it's a conpiracy...

Michelle sent me

11/24/2005 11:07:00 pm  
Blogger Tammy said...

Great pictures! I miss having a lil' baby. :)

11/24/2005 11:47:00 pm  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Great pictures there!

Michelle sent me here.

11/25/2005 07:34:00 am  
Blogger YellowRose said...

What a cutie!!!! I can't wait to be a Nana! (Well I can, my kids have strict instructions, they cannot make me one till I'm at least 46, so I have 5 years, I hope!) Babies are so much fun!!

Here via Michele's!

11/25/2005 07:43:00 am  
Blogger craziequeen said...

Beautiful little lad.

And I'm just as bad with the phone - my mum is the one to pass on all the news, and I write to her!

Michele sent me - sort of :-)

Happy Thanksgiving!

cq

11/25/2005 07:52:00 am  
Blogger Suse said...

I love that over the shoulder shot.

And my first babe slept through the night at 5 weeks of age, so I understand your pride and quiet smugness.

Then Sons #2 and 3 came along, and neither of them slept through the night until they were three years old. (And they are three years apart, so it was six years before I had a full night's sleep again. Sheesh, I have just realised why I am so tired).

Yadza. Just quietly.

11/25/2005 10:18:00 am  
Blogger KPB said...

You'll all be relieved to know last night returned to normal.

Suse - Bec and I both have produced 'wakeful' babies/children so we share your pain and tired eyes. Yadzaaaaa.....

11/25/2005 01:15:00 pm  
Blogger dena said...

Such a beautiful baby. I always froget that babies are the best sleepers. It's amazing how a couple of years go by, and that infancy, wake in the night period is all but a brief memory in the grand scheme of life.

visiting from michele.

11/27/2005 08:46:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home