Glamorouse

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Outings

This morning I had to go to Chef's Nana's community club monthly meeting. With heaps of thanks to Chef's Nana, because she put in for Oscar's support service, Lifestart, to be allocated some of the money they raise. So today, I got to stand on stage in front of a bazillion 80+ year olds, witness more many lucky door prize/raffle draws than I thought I'd see in my entire life and meet Jean Hay, the woman who runs the Northern Beaches, and talk about my kid. Can you imagine me any more like a pig in mud? The only thing better would have been in the Manly Daily photographer was there, because as everyone knows, if you make it into the Mazza Dazza you have made it. Anyway, considering I had: a) showered b) blow-dried my hair, c) put make-up on - including lipstick and d) ironed my pants and shirt I had to capitalise on such industriousness. So we went into work to show him off. Where he proceeded to do two poos, need a feed, scream r.e.a.l.l.y loudly and generally put all the women of child-bearing age off doing so for a good few years to come. It was so.much.fun. Weird huh, how on one hand I can not WAIT to get back, and on the otherhand, leaving my little guy is going to break my heart big time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bec said...

I am so impressed that you ironed.

Word verification is impressed too - look: it says "ookklz!"

11/23/2005 09:39:00 pm  
Blogger kenju said...

Hi, Bec, Michele sent me this morning.

Kim, you might find that leaving your baby is the very hardest thing you will ever do. I did, and I only lasted 7 mos. before I quit to become a SAHM. Good luck.

11/23/2005 10:50:00 pm  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Oh Kim,

I know it will be hard going back to work- Fun, too. You've gotta do what you've gotta do.

I'm lucky to be a SAHM only because my husband has a good job and I can always pick up enough freelance work from home to make ends meet each year. But I know for most women, there's really no other option.

Good luck! I know everything will work out fine. :)

11/24/2005 04:38:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It broke my heart leaving my baby when he was barely a year old...I left in tears for the office. Now he is the one leaving me!!! Thanks for visiting, Bec.

11/24/2005 07:37:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home