Glamorouse

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Quintessential

This was the grand finale of Felix's Summer Sunshine Celebration Christmas Concert at school this evening. Santa was the school principal, the top half as santa, the bottom half in board shorts and gumboots. Just as it was all coming to an end, five pelicans flew overhead in perfect formation. I thought it was all pretty cool and only almost cried about a hundred times. Afterwards, all the families took their picnics, blankets and generally exhausted bodies to the large grassy expanse that marks the northern boundary of the school. The kids ran around feral as we all mooched around talking about the kids and how tired we all are. Jasper just blissed out on the picnic rug, happily staring at either the tartan pattern, the leaves or the sky. Happy days.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bec said...

Aw, noice - roil noice!

Now cut to the chase and tell whether you defoliated for Santa or not?

11/22/2005 10:00:00 pm  
Blogger Kate B. said...

sounds lovely. I love the idea of Santa in board shorts. We spent Christmas 2002 in New Zealand and I have to admit I liked the sunny Christmas thing a LOT. Bum freezingly cold here, you lucky lucky cows. Yeah, think of me shivering with my thermals on while you're in the garden soaking up the rays... :-(

11/23/2005 08:22:00 am  
Blogger KPB said...

Oh I'm defoliated. And now scratching like I've got some awful disease. The legs look awesome if I might say so myself.

11/23/2005 03:24:00 pm  
Blogger Suse said...

Love the bit about everyone being tired. It's so true.

Just got home from yoga class. Everyone whispers 'how are you?' when one arrives. And then there is a general exchange of whispereds 'ok. really tired though.'

Every week. Without fail.

We are so pathetic.

11/23/2005 10:17:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home