Glamorouse

Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Ladies Lounge is Open

The Ladies Lounge. We visited the new house again yesterday and it made all the recent trials and tribulations worthwhile. What trials and tribulations? Well you may ask. But I refuse to live through them all again in print so let me sum it up thus: Bankers are Bastards. Nay, Bankers are Stupid Bastards Who Can't Even Make Sure the Right Papers are Sent to be Signed When You Take Half a Day Off Work Because They Say They are Ready to Finalise EVERYTHING. But we're getting it all fixed so, as I say, I refuse to dwell on the recent myriad acts of bastardry in print. Back to the new house. And a warning, and an invitation. We visited the current owners and they gave us some time alone (in which the Prof madly tape measured and I hastily took photos, because it seemed kinda icky to take photos of someone's wardrobes while they were there) then came back and talked about their renovation and what all the cable points were for and how the air conditioning works and what colour paint was used on the walls - half-strength Dulux Milk Cup makes the perfect cream! - and all the time I kept thinking... How can you live in a house on a big block of land with really close neighbours for SIX years and not plant a single thing in your garden? I'm afraid (here's the warning) I'm going to be quite obsessive about plants and landscaping and gardens and houses generally for quite some time, so I have set up The Ladies Lounge to take all this obsession to its own special place. I want to record all the different ideas I have for the house and garden and keep track of the changes and save up all my plant and outdoor links in one spot, and look back to see how different it all is, one day, from what I had originally planned! I'll still be here, but I'll be there too. Isn't the internet fun? mtc Bec

5 Comments:

Blogger Badger said...

I'm telling you, blogs are like potato chips. Or crisps, or whatever you call them down there. You can't have just one.

6/11/2006 03:35:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

It's so civilised over there. Just lovely.

6/11/2006 09:28:00 pm  
Blogger My float said...

Stupid bankers indeed.

On the subject of garden, perhaps it's just as well the owners left it a blank canvas, because you'll be able to claim credit for everything you do in it. And may it bring you much joy!

6/11/2006 10:15:00 pm  
Blogger Lynne@Oberon said...

Oooh, I'm looking forward to sharing my garden obsession as well. When our garden design comes back (another five weeks) I'll be able to obsess about actual plants :)
BTW- our neighbours are also doing their garden but they just paid for the garden design and are planning on doing the work themselves. They have a big garden and it cost $650 to get it measured and a design and plant list drawn up. That's a good option if you want to do the work yourself. As for us, we are too lazy and would rather pay someone :)

6/13/2006 11:19:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well people, Bec has come up with another brillant idea....she has a large EMPTY yard to play in for the first time since she left home.I look forward to finding out how she does the "Tardis" thing (more things than space for).I'm actually just enjoying being alive, but watching my daughter is an added bonus.Thanks for all the love Bec.Old Baz.

6/24/2006 08:23:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home