Glamorouse

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Bloggers' Block

Had it. Over it. Moving on. So there was a man at a bus stop today who caught my eye. He was wearing very black sunglasses, which was slightly odd considering he had to be 60. But, since he was also wearing a black leather jacket I decided he was just that kinda guy. The kind who has trouble moving on. Or who never did enough of whatever it was he needed to do when he was 25, so does it sooooooo much later. Before anyone can flame me for uncharitable thoughts about the newly maturely-aged, please remember my husband is 19 years older than me and that my insights into the newly maturely-aged mind might just possibly outstrip your own. (And no, he does not wear an inappropriate leather jacket but he has been known to make some very random judgements in sunglasses) ANY hoo...

The real thing was that my bus was sitting at the stop for quite some time and the more I looked at sunglass guy the more I realised there was something else wrong.

Really wrong.

I don't know if I can describe this properly but his sunglasses didn't touch his ears.

Not by a country mile. And at first I thought: "Hey, he's wearing his sunglasses abnormally high on his head." (which, by the way, was bald except for a snowy white comb-over that spoke of glossy blond hair in years gone by).

Then I looked closer and thought: "Oh. My. God. He has abnormally low-set ears!"

(Who knew there was a real live medical condition for this?)

And then, in case anyone thinks the point of this post is that I ride the bus in order to mock deformed strangers, I thought: "Thank god, something really sensible to blog about."

Block gone. Over it. Moving On.

Mtc

Bec

10 Comments:

Blogger MsCellania said...

Will Smith suffers this condition. Every time I see one of his movies, I think; ears keep growing your whole life. I wonder when his will be the proper size for his head? Maybe at 80?

I didn't know your husband was a cradle-robber. My ever-lovin' is 8 years younger than me. And I feel like I am rearing 3 sons all the time. I shoulda gone for an older man.

Glad to hear the Block Be-Gone worked.

5/10/2006 05:49:00 am  
Blogger Bec said...

I wonder how Will handles the sunglasses thing? bet he doesn't just pretend his ears are three inches higher and jam his side pieces into the flesh of his skull where his ears should be!

WV is frtrfr, does that sound rude to you?

5/10/2006 05:58:00 am  
Blogger My float said...

You're back. I hate bloggers block! Thankful the cure was simple - and a great headline to boot! "Baby boomer at bus stop cures bloggers block"

Ok, so I haven't quite woken up yet. Welcome back!

5/10/2006 08:06:00 am  
Blogger Lynne@Oberon said...

Weird humans are always good ... in fact you have given me the courage to talk about the weird human I passed on my walk to work this morning. I blogged it, naturally :)

5/10/2006 08:40:00 am  
Blogger The Complimenting Commenter said...

That is really funny. Sometimes it's great to have a funny situation just to get those writing juices flowing. Cool post.

5/10/2006 10:02:00 am  
Blogger Suse said...

I am laughing so hard. 'At last something sensible to blog about.' Priceless.

I have bloggers block every day. So I just post another picture of my view. I need some deformed humanity in my life.

5/10/2006 11:17:00 am  
Blogger Bec said...

If only I could get the right cable for my phone camera, I could have taken his pic through the bus window!!

And wow, Complimenting Commenter, that was very nice of you. Is this what you do? Roam around saying nice things on people's blogs? Because I think that is very, very sweet.

5/10/2006 11:51:00 am  
Blogger KPB said...

Really? the concept of someone going around just being nice to people kinda irritates me.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't want people tellling me I suck, but being nice all the time. It's just so draining.

5/10/2006 06:12:00 pm  
Blogger Bec said...

Irony, darling, irony.

5/10/2006 07:02:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

This is just playing to my current levels of pettiness, stupidity and introspection.

5/10/2006 09:56:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home