Glamorouse

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Surrealism in the suburbs

Today is my official due date. Do you know how weird that is? That today, officially, the incubus is meant to come out. It won't of course, because apart from Oscar's dodgy chromosome 4, everyone in this household is deficient of the on-time gene. So now I enter the cool (albeit mentally destabilising zone) of being able to respond to people who ask, "So, when are you due?" with "oh, yesterday" or "5 days ago" or even better, "last week" and then just watch the fear flicker across their eyes as they back away ever so slowly. Mwahahahahahahaha! And just because I've been on a high horse of late - why is it that calls from friends about how I'm tracking are absolutely fine, but the calls from family drive.me.insane. ???

3 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

I guess the chili didn't work? Did you try the ride down a bumpy road?

10/16/2005 12:04:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was almost 2 weeks overdue way back then... I remember those phone calls... Michele sent me, we are all getting nervous!

10/16/2005 09:24:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I realized I shouldn't have told you about MY pregnancy, it's not helping you at all. Sorry. And I got so excited with your cookies that I skipped the latest post... I need a cup of coffee. Happy sunday!

10/16/2005 09:33:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home