Glamorouse

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Blogging is the New Crochet

A habit is forming. At the end of a long day, and a long evening getting three lively kids settled for bed, the Prof and I often veg out in front of the tv. At such moments, tired as I might be, my hands have always sought a task. I don't know why exactly, because I have no particular contempt for the mighty tube, but I find it very hard to simply sit and watch. So, at various times I have knitted, crocheted, breastfed, cross-stitched, sketched, breastfed, kneaded bread, done cryptic crosswords - and more recently (when no more breastfeeding was needed) worked on the vile Sudoku. And now, to the new habit. The laptop blog, avec movie. Currently watch-blogging: Kingdom of Heaven on dvd, Orlando (or Balian as some 12th century lass may know him) is sparing the life of the servant of the man he has just killed... the servant who (is fortunately fluent in English and) will take him to Jerusalem. God, this stuff is predictable. No wonder my extremities get bored. mtc Bec

6 Comments:

Blogger Panthergirl said...

I, too, am a multi-screen blogger. Laptop plus TV/movie (although frankly, I like to give 100% of my attention to a movie, unless I just have it on as background noise).

I, too, am addicted to blogging AND Sudoku!

With that... nice to meet you, via michele! Come visit!

10/15/2005 11:00:00 pm  
Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

Busy hands!

Here via Michele's.

Hope you have a great weekend

10/15/2005 11:00:00 pm  
Blogger Karen said...

Ah, thus is the life! Visiting from Michele's!

10/15/2005 11:02:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the title... For me, blogging has cured me of shopping. Here from michele's today.

10/15/2005 11:52:00 pm  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I've heard how awful the movie is.

Michele sent me.

10/16/2005 12:08:00 am  
Blogger The Complimenting Commenter said...

I like that type of multitasking. At least your hobbies are fulfilling. Interesting post and site. Keep it up.

10/16/2005 06:15:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home