Glamorouse

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

and for the finale

as part of my last-day-for-18-weeks I thought it'd be good to have a show, and not the kind with curtains, encores and showering of love and affection. (come on, I've been mulling this over for hours - how to elude to the mucus plug without actually using those words. Although it wasn't so much mucus - for once - but pink stain...I know, I shall move to obgynorama shortly) I can't remember if I had a similar matinee with Felix - again just to torment me as he wouldn't budge until that needle was in my vein and the drugs were pumping. But all day I had excellent braxton hicks and good period pains that peaked, ebbed, flowed and everything in between. Tonight they were getting quite impressive to the point I had to walk around and was more comfortable standing and rocking watching The Motorcycle Diaries than lying on the lounge. (Aside: Sweet mercy on my soul but Gael GarcĂ­a Bernal does for duck lips what Kristin Scott Thomas and Penelope Cruz can only dream of achieving.) Chef was all "do I need to call in my reserves?" and "do we need to be leaving now?" - quite an achievement for a) my final day at work (talk about effective use and maximising return of maternity leave) and our e.i.g.h.t. year wedding anniversary (celebration: my saying "I don't care what we do but I need you to take charge as I'm getting hungrier and therefore crankier as each minute ticks by" - and Chef reaching for the takeaway menus and asking what kinda video I wanted to watch). Anyway, then I had the overwhelming desire to sleep. So did so on the lounge and moved to bed at aroudn 10. I woke at 12 ish and here I sit. No action, no activity, no progress. Welcome to Kim's world of late pregnancy torment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

OMIGOD. You're about to have this baby!!!! AIIIEEEE!

Sorry. I'm getting all excited for you. I had contractions, real contractions for THREE DAYS before I gave birth. The whole family had driven up and everyone sat around my living room and watched while I alternately moaned in pain and made trips to the hospital, only to be told to go home again.

Tell Bec she'd better let us know everything once you go into labor!

Good luck!!!

10/12/2005 06:03:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home