Glamorouse

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Y'gotta love the Buff.

Despite being on a very tight budget in an attempt to pay our new kitchen instal-ments without extending the mortgage (feel free to mock our touching optimism), the Prof recently brought home the second series of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on dvd. I don't intend to write too much about this because when it comes to lovin' the Buff you're either in or you're out and ever since that sad sad day the Slayer rode the last bus out of the smoking crater that was Sunnydale, I have no desire to convince anyone else of her endearing merits. The Buff, she is no more, but her re-runs live forever. The point (and there is one) is that just as Kim soaks up the joy tht is America's newest supertroll, I steep like a Twinings teabag in the blissful escapism that is Buffy. I am steeping now, as I type, and Buffy's south american exchange student just had the life-force sucked out of him by a 500 year old Inca mummy. Seriously, with the kids all asleep, a bellyfull of salmon in cumin with tossed warm salad of asparagus and tomato, a really delicious and ridiculously cheap bottle of reisling, and now the Buff - Saturday nights just don't get much better than this. mtc bec

8 Comments:

Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

Ah, life's little pleasures.
Michele sent me.

10/08/2005 10:45:00 pm  
Blogger Huw said...

There is nought better than getting hold of your favourite TV show boxset, and having a marathon.

Here by the decree of Michelle.

10/08/2005 11:00:00 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

hi, I'm here via Michele. not really a Buffy fan but my husband sure is. the DVD sets are on his Christmas list, I'm sure :)

10/08/2005 11:36:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't life great?
Here via Michele's

10/08/2005 11:41:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoy it! thanks for stopping by, I answered your question!

10/08/2005 11:43:00 pm  
Blogger Bec said...

A version of the recipe is linked in the text in a shameless cross-promotion of a new recipe blog Kim and I thought we'd try!

10/08/2005 11:47:00 pm  
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Recipe blog. What a great idea!!

We are a Buffy-obsessed family. In fact, I specifically used Buffy font on my new blog. In fact, we own seasons one through five and buy a new season every Christmas. In fact, my 14-year-old even has a homemade stake and a necklace with a cross that says "WWBD" on it.

10/09/2005 05:58:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love BTVS, actually I really love Spike. I have the 7 seasons plus the dailies. I even have a Spike doll. OMG I've turned into an obsessed fan. And even though it's not the weekend anymore, I surfing through Michele's Comment Game comments. So I can't really say Michele sent me.

10/11/2005 10:23:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home