Glamorouse

Friday, September 23, 2005

Suckful tamowhatseez

I have just been inducted into the world of Tamagotchi. Literally this week. I bought them on e-bay so I'm only one small step up from you oh miss-hand-me-down-accepter-Bec. Felix's broke on the first morning - ie the battery died. It let us know by starting this high pitched whirring noise at around 5.10am. This is not an unusual waking time for me as Oscar is an early god forsaken riser, but I haven't seen Chef almost fall out of the bed when he realised just how awake he was at 5.15 since I actually did push him out of bed in a desperate attempt to stop the snoring when we'd been going out for about a minute, and we were sleeping in his single bed in his uni dorm, sleeping being the optional word as it was at that age and that point of the relationship where we could, and did, have sex between 4 and 6 times a night. It was a dramatic re-enactment of 'there were ten in the bed' and I would have peed myself laughing had he not been so angry and hurt that I actually had pushed.him.out.of.the.bed. Oscar's just beeps and beeps and beeps. I am yet to recall anything so hideous from my own childhood that performed the role of i.r.r.i.t.a.n.t. to my parents as much as these absolute cons do to us. Anyone? Anyone?

2 Comments:

Blogger Bec said...

Comment #1
As long as you didn't push him out of bed during sex because, like, OW.
Comment #2
I was, of course, a perfect child. However I do remember my littlest brother having Donkey Kong and that being in the days when parents had no defence against the beeping of child toys (whereas these days I can counteract to some extent with the SMS beeping of news alerts on my @#$%^mobile phone)

9/23/2005 08:03:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

The mere existence of Bratz dolls is one of the reasons I'm kinda hoping the incubus is another boy. Light sabres, balls of every shape and size, karate moves involved in walking anywhere, a love of japanese-style cartoons and lego are just fine by me. I just see all that pink in toy shops and my neck starts to itch. Then I see the Bratz and I want to hurt someone. I don't think this bodes well.

Needless to say, if the incubus comes out without the dangly bits, I'll probably fall off the bed.

9/23/2005 11:02:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home