Glamorouse

Friday, September 23, 2005

Dinner

I cooked risotto tonight. Just a basic one with some finely sliced button mushrooms and flat leaf parsley. Relatively gently on the recovering stomach. I knew Felix wouldn't eat it because well, he doesn't eat food (except pasta but even then its bolognaise or with oil and broccoli and that's it) that is, well, all mixed together. It rules out a lot - any form of soup, any casserole, any risotto. But Oscar is my good eater in the I-eat-anything-anytime kinda good eater. But no, he rejected it as well. So as I tucked in (it was lovely, if I might say so myself) the boys ate their requested dinner. Peanut butter sandwiches. And thanked me for making 'such a delicious sandwich'.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bec said...

I live in hope, do you? That one day all five of us will eat everything put on the table..

9/23/2005 08:18:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

The bizarre thing is, late on, on the lounge, watching Aladdin (as you do on a raging Friday night) Felix asked if tomorrow night we could have 'those things I made for dinner which were white on the outside and had bits on the inside'. After several probing questions and suggestions, ranging from canneloni to ravioli to buritos, he has requested Vietnamese Spring Rolls for dinner tomorrow night. Go figure.

The biggest dinner winners in our house at the moment:
- lasagne (always)
- spag bol (Felix would literally eat this every night. I can't.stand.it. Oscar's not fussed either so at least I have an ally)
- tacos. No really. Seriously. I'm not kidding.
- honey soy chicken wings w/ rice and steamed broccoli
- chops. Just chops.

I guess, in reviewing this list, I should be grateful that most of them involve the use of mince and chicken off cuts, so at least they're cheap.

9/23/2005 10:07:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home