Glamorouse

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Forget what this baby's doing to your life, what's she going to do to our catchline?

I know this seems pretty bloody obvious now that we're somewhere between a few hours and five weeks from the birth of Kim's One For The Country, but very soon we're not going to be the tired, cranky and retail-deprived working mothers of five-and-a-half kids, are we? I love that catchline, Kim. I really love it. It appeals to every writerly and PRflacky impulse in me. It makes me smile every time I read it, even now. It has charm. It has cadence. It has quirk. I really, really, really, really love it. I've been in denial ever since you hit the six month mark and so put us past the five-and-a-half kids and well into the five-and-two-thirds. You see the problem, don't you? It just doesn't work. Then came the five-and-three-quarter kids, then the five-and-eight-ninths... I've been trying to tamp down this panicky feeling but it's really taking me to - Kramer style - a baaaaaad place, Jerry. Then you say to me today that judging by Felix's overdueness you've might have another five weeks to go and for a few minutes that five weeks actually felt like a long time. But it's not, Kim. It's not. If you run through to 42 weeks, and I'm rounding off here in all calculations, that still means you are putting us currently at five-and-nine-tenths children. Tired, cranky and retail-deprived as we are, we need to talk. I can see only one solution. You know where I'm going here, don't you? You just have to hold it in, hon. Use those pelvic floor muscles like you've never used them before. Midwife says push, you say, hell no. It's a good catchline, Kim. It would be a shame to lose it for a little thing like birth. mtc bec

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing like waiting for a baby to arrive! I remember counting down from the day I found out I was pregnant! Urgh. Glad that is all over for me for the time being.... Hope Kim does well, and just what is this baby going to do to your catchline?

9/28/2005 07:50:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh...pregnancy, I actually missed being pregnant. Each time I hinted to the hubby, he'll remind me about me being cranky, teary and what-nots. All my best to Kim.

Oh and Michelle sent me.

9/28/2005 08:42:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww, the sweet smell of a baby! all the best! Michele sent me. I will be back to hear (read) the news.

9/28/2005 10:09:00 pm  
Blogger Spock said...

Here from Michele's. Cute blog!

9/28/2005 10:26:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

All these visitors from Michelle's are going to give me performance anxiety...

9/28/2005 11:16:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

I challenge you to finding ONE person in the WORLD who thinks of Peter Costello during sex - and that includes even his wife.

9/29/2005 11:50:00 pm  
Blogger Peter said...

Too easy Kim, Peter Costello!!!!

9/30/2005 12:02:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

Oh Peter touche - you've got to cut me some slack for missing that big blinking beacon due to baby brain surely!

9/30/2005 08:34:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home