Glamorouse

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

With hideous commercial contructs to lure more money out of us as if the Christmas debts aren't enough it occurred to me that

in my wallowing of days late, I realised I'd almost missed a rather important milestone. Today, 12 months ago, I did a pregnancy test. Bec was the first one I shared my secret with, that my period was 3 days late. She was all "get your arse to the chemist" and I was all "I will on Thursday when it's pay day" (GOD how LITTLE has really changed). Anyway, I was at uni booking in to start my Masters in Professional Writing (Creative Writing) and thought I should get some lunch. It was when my internal monologue went something like, "but I'm not really that hungry, but should grab something as I won't get time this afternoon and OH GOD I HAVE to have a mango smoothie. Must have smoothie. [heartbeat] Oh shit." And all while walking through skanky Broadway. I ONLY ever crave dairy beverages in the first month of pregnancy. Never ever any other time in.my.life. So I scraped together the pennies and pissed on a stick. To put it delicately. And there he was. Two big bold wehehehe I'm here! blue lines. And sure enough. He is:

3 Comments:

Blogger blackbird said...

how could I leave that picture with the words 'zero people cheering' underneath?

I am cheering!
Ducky little boy!

2/15/2006 08:05:00 pm  
Blogger Bec said...

Check out this email from me to you I just found in my (old) outbox...
From: XXXBec
Sent: Tuesday, 15 February 2005 4:52 PM
To: XXXKim
Subject: RE: paranoia - confirmed!



Well I want to know, I'm no good at waiting and waiting for someone else's
happy news is almost as bad as waiting for my own always was.
look, buy the test, do the test, either test will be +ve or test will
almost immediately spur things on - either way you will be put out of your
misery!!!

2/16/2006 06:31:00 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

OH MY GOD. There you have it.

2/16/2006 09:28:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home