Glamorouse

Monday, February 27, 2006

So

today I caught the bus with The New Recruit. It was MUCH much better. It took 50 minutes and he didn't cry at all. In fact, after about t.h.r.e.e. minutes on the bus he fell asleep in The Ample Cleavage. I left work at around 4.45pm. He just played on my lap the whole way home. There was a lot of drool. I kept reminding myself to take deep, slow breaths. To calm down. To drop my shoulders. And I only cried once. When my stepmother, in a complete state of incredulity, asked me how I felt about the situation causing her incredulity. The situation was my sister-in-law not wanting me or the boys at my niece's second birthday party yesterday. I know we're just collateral in a failed marriage, but I was really hurt. I am really hurt. But it was nice to cry about something, as opposed to everything. ***** The weekend was a mixed bag. But the Oboy, the e.i.g.h.t. year old, had a wonderful weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lynne@Oberon said...

I hope things are starting to look up. And nothing makes a weekend joyous like a good birthday party - happy birthday to your lovely boy. He looks so completely happy in that last photo :)

2/28/2006 10:12:00 am  
Blogger Manhattan Mama said...

Hang in there Kim. One upside? You obviously ROCK with the birthday cakes! ;)

2/28/2006 03:22:00 pm  
Blogger Bec said...

SO glad the bus worked out well. I've always hated driving the kids in the city. Plus you really have a duty to share that delightful baby with the world!
As for the niece thang - as Bridget Jones' crude Kiwi friend says over and over and over again in the movie: fuck'em.
I wish my kids had cousins, but then we'd probably have these dramas so you've given me something to be grateful for...
(for which to be grateful - sorry Mum).
And finally, thanks for the Oscar pics - they make me smile!

2/28/2006 03:51:00 pm  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

i am totally digging that cake.

happy bday to oscar!

3/01/2006 12:38:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home