Glamorouse

Monday, March 06, 2006

Sometimes there's nothing better to do on a Sunday

than introduce food to a child... I actually tried him on stewed (then pureed) apple and pear last week, which he quite enjoyed, because third time around I am conscientiously objecting to rice cereal. Ever. But the pumpkin steamed with a little garlic yesterday has been a big hit. And I get the sensation that there is now, no turning back. Chef's parents are back from their tour of the high country. Just another trip to spend our inheritance and all the power to them. Because quite frankly, now replicating their life of three children - age range and all - by the time we are free of them we won't be seen for dust. You all know I'm kidding. But they came for dinner tonight. Monday night is homemade pizza night. Except I ate so much left over ciabatta bread and slow roasted tomatoes on walking through the door I couldn't eat very much pizza. But here is Nana in all the adulation grandsons can offer... and while we're at it, last week my Dad and stepmother came for dinner - I do believe I've already covered that ground here, but here is my Dad: There is a lot of water under that bridge, but photos like this do much to calm the waters of years gone by.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bec said...

and just to show I love you, I promise not to dob you in to the stupid "no solids til they're captaining the footy team" nazis!

See how much he loves that spoon? The boy was born to it!

Oh, that's right, we ALL were: suck on that, nazis.

3/07/2006 05:38:00 am  
Blogger My float said...

i'm sure that rice cereal has something to do with the fact that my son hates exciting food. That is, anything other than meat, spag bol, bread and home-made chips. The occasional donut if mum takes him out of my sight.

Bec's right - all those damn nazis will ruin us!

3/07/2006 12:57:00 pm  
Blogger Bec said...

Hey, I just realised this was our 500th post - and what an excellent choice to mark our half-millenia!

3/07/2006 01:15:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home