A good week
- is when two boys go back to school with nary a backwards glance, have two wonderful teachers and are happy.
- when the return to school means the almost-8 child that insists on waking at 5.15 for oh, the last e.i.g.h.t. years has slept until 6.15 and SEVEN the last two mornings.
- routine, Routine, ROUTINE - how I love it and hate it all at the same time.
- when the early stages of lasagne, for dinner tonight, is already on the stove cooking.
- when the return to school means no tv in the mornings, only in the afternoon after afternoon tea and homework and before dinner (this generally equates to no more than an hour) . The quiet is bliss. The children playing beautifully with each other is divine (it's like when they watch tv a lot they forget how to play with each other). The creative energy and discussion is wondrous. But man, it takes energy.
- hideous hot humid days replaced by cooler, wet ones
- reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe to Felix, then hearing him use it in play with his lego.
- the return of "thank goodness it's Friday".
- that is not without its challenges as financial issues return