Glamorouse

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Freedom

First Day of School 2006
Naturally I got all misty on leaving Oscar at his new school, where they already seem to love and accept him as only I thought I could dream of. And on Felix, as we reached the school gate, saying, "you can go now," and "no kisses!" as I lent down. I made a joke of it and we shook hands with me saying goodbye in an official deep voice making him and his classmates from last year laugh. But inside a little bit of me was really sad. Then we went for a scrumptious breakfast and pretended we just had one cute little baby for a while!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynne@Oberon said...

Oh my God - I am going to sob like a fool when my daughter goes to school next year :( She has been going to daycare since she was 18 months old but somehow school seems like a bigger, badder world. How are you coping??

1/31/2006 02:02:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home