Glamorouse

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Random musings while the lasagne cooks

I know, a late dinner again, it's the daylight savings that's a killer for a timely nightime routine.
  • the Middle Child is going through the six-year-old testosterone hit. I don't know if there really is a six-year-old testosterone hit, but I'm stating there is as DEAR GOD there has to be a reason for the sudden explosive increase in the already competitive, aggressive, dominant and LOUD oh GOD SO LOUD child. Seriously, it's horrendous. We had to go out for a WALK yesterday because Chef and I thought our brains were bleeding out our ears at the volume and the "I had it first", "give it back it's MINE", and "move away Oscar I don't like it" whingy whiney carry-on and the saying the same thing over and over again like Bart Simpson at his best, that seems to NEVER EVER END. Today we had to share the love with the in-laws and their return lodgers - Chef's sister, hubbie and son - just incase we were imagining it. When they all encouraged him to go and play on the front lawn unsupervised while we recovered out the back from the noise level while he was in the pool I felt a warm sense of satisfaction at spreading the love around.
  • I was very brave today and weighed myself. I weigh what I did when I fell pregnant. Still a bazillion kilos out of the weight range for my height, but man, it was about 6 kilos better than I thought it was going to be.
  • The Jack Daniels man was at the gym again today. This man made me gag a few days back as he sweats. I'm not talking normal sweat as by golly I give that notion a good workout. No no, I'm talking spraying sweat. The e.n.t.i.r.e. front of the treadmill and the arms down the side were covered in his sweat. Like rain running down a window pain. AND he doesn't have or use a towel. Obviously. It is gag-worthy. I mean, if it's spraying that far, it ain't that bigger trajectory to the POOR people on the treadmills on either side of him. GROSS DUDE. He does go and get paper towel and spray afterwards, but that doesn't cut it. He is an ANIMAL. After almost gagging again today, another guy walked by wearing this tshirt: Freakin' Freaks.