Glamorouse

Friday, January 06, 2006

Again, lazy blogging thanks to Blackbird, and from an AmEx ad. So tragic. But still fun. Go figure. (with some minor adaptations) My name....Kim Elizabeth... childhood memory... Packing up our house to move to America and crying they they would forget the Puffing Billy picture in the stairwell. Pretending to sleepwalk with my brother in America, the weird baubly blue carpet underfoot and trying to make my teddy walk with me. Waking up at 5am in the heart of winter,looking out the window and watching Dad swim laps in the pool. The only time I'd see him all day. fondest memory... any dinner party or time spent with friends over food, wine and lots of laughter. Laughing with my kids. soundtrack...of my life: the noise of my home and family around me. soundtrack...in the car: Bernard Fanning - Tea & Sympathy. She Will Have Her Way - women doing covers of Neil and Tim Finn songs. soundtrack...in the house: Ben Folds, Ben Kweller, Dixie Chicks, Powderfinger, Coldplay, Ben Folds, Ben Folds, Ben Folds, Rufus Wainwright, Madeleine Peyroux retreat... my bed. wildest dream... our own house, built by us, looking out over the ocean. Being famous. proudest moment... giving birth to my three gorgeous boys. biggest challenge... patience. satisfaction. happiness. alarm clock... is really old. I've had it since highschool. perfect day... s.l.e.e.p.i.n.g. i.n., breakfast with friends somewhere the kids can go off and run around while we sit over copious cups of tea, newspapers galore, and talk and talk and talk, followed by a lazy afternoon hanging out (NO chores), dinner with the boys (a roast with all the trimings) and then a video. I'm so easy to please. first job... selling furniture for my Dad, but I wasn't paid for that. Then as a checkout chick for K-Mart. indulgence... this and magazines. In particular Vanity Fair and food magazines last purchase... sneakers and school shoes for the boys. favorite movie... there are so many. Footloose - is there anything better than a tale of one man's struggle to unite a town through dance? Adaptation - for the scene where he sits down to write and we get his internal procrastination monologue that was almost word for word my own. Napoleon Dynamite - for all of it, the liger, the dance moves, the teenageness of it all. Hilarious. The Royal Tenenbaums, A Life Aquatic, Fargo... inspiration... the everyday world around me My life... is not that remarkable My card is...actually American Express.

3 Comments:

Blogger WendyWings said...

Sometimes you just have to have a lazy blogging day :)
I love reading others answers to posts like this but hate doing them myself go figure.
BTW I am craving yum char now for some reason.

1/06/2006 08:51:00 am  
Blogger Suse said...

I laughed aloud at the pretending to sleepwalk bit.

(Am glad you're ok again. I logged on after a week's absence and freaked out! The power of yum cha, eh?)

1/06/2006 09:12:00 am  
Blogger KPB said...

AH Suse, the answer to ALL our domestic disputes is food. Always.

Yes it has been freaky. Awful, stressful, revolting.

But we are all back on track.

1/06/2006 02:15:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home