Five - er - four - er - um, weird habit anyone?
So, Kim did this here (below) Five Weird Habits thing, and since I already knew about the pegs and the shopping lists, the rest of it didn't surprise me too much (is it only me who sees the connection between the need for order during the day and the tooth grinding at night? surely not... ) Of course, none of my own habits could possibly be classified as weird because, well, they're mine. However, since five is such a nice, achievable number, I'm willing to take a crack at it:
- I find it almost impossible to to sit with my feet flat. I sit cross-legged whenever I can - including on my office chair - and was greatly amused to see Sharon Osborne doing the same thing in the interviewee chair on Michael Parkinson's program not so long ago.
- I can't leave fire alone. This makes for very messy tablecloths over long candlelit dinners.
- And yet, I do all my best thinking in the water. But I never count to 20 when I wash my hair...
- I wear sunglasses or reading glasses on my head more often than on my face and usually forget to take either one off when I am not using it. This can lead to odd situations when I realise, at 3pm on a winter's day, that I am still wearing the sunnies I needed for the short walk to the bus that morning.
- I always, always wish on the first star I see at night and always wish for the same thing, which is a wish I created when I was 10 and which still holds true today. I take this ritual very, very seriously. If I told you what my wish is, I'd have to kill you and I simply don't have the time.