Glamorouse

Friday, September 09, 2005

Week 35

I figure that Week 35 is as good as any for an official countdown to Chef and I joining Bec and Prof being officially outnumbered by their offspring (stop sniggering Bec, I can hear you through all those cross city tunnels, distributors, coat hangers all the way on the other side of this here great city). So, at 35 weeks... - I am incubating a rapper. The occasionally hard doof is far outnumbered by the almost consistent Footloose manouvres of grooving and moving this child engages in. - I have gone up three bra sizes. - I have officially reached the point in pregnancy when fashion flees. - I have never, ever, in.my.entire.life. not felt like chocolate or coffee for so long. - I have been doing a wee on average every 1hr45mins since 28 weeks. - Apparently I'm glow. In fact, it is quite obscene just how much pregnancy does for my complexion, hair, nails and shiny eyes. - I am officially excited about what this little creature is - not just whether its a boy or a girl, although that is occupying quite a bit of my brain at the moment as I have no feeling either way - but who and what they will be like as they grow up. - I am actually quite nervous about the whole labour thing - two very different experiences are making the third seem like not such a great idea. - I can not come at chicken in any form - except for an Oporto Rapper, of which I could eat one every.single.day. Go figure. - I have never not been obsessed by food for so long in.my.life. - I am so tired. All the time. And I know this isn't a patch on the reality once it's on the outside. That scares me. - I am so grateful for paid maternity leave. And that annoys me. Because I shouldn't feel grateful, it should be a natural right for every single woman like equal pay. But still, I am so very very grateful. (I can't imagine my mental health issues if it wasn't the case and we were facing losing a second income indefinitely for the third time).

2 Comments:

Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Wow Kim. I don't even know you and I'm so excited for you. You're doing a lot better than I was at 35 weeks! By that time, I was TOTALLY obsessed with food, particularly ice cream and my glow was replaced by a general resemblance to a certain pig on a certain puppet show. And that was when I had a baby shower- so all my fabulous friends who hadn't seen me since I was skinny got to witness and take pictures of what I looked like with a baby and an extra 40-odd pounds on my body. Eww.
Anyway, can't wait to read what happens next. You go, girl.

9/09/2005 10:17:00 pm  
Blogger Bec said...

Snigger...

9/11/2005 03:01:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home