Glamorouse

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Not yet son, not yet.

An exchange with Felix, which I belive was spurred by lack of parent control over television viewing and just WAY too much watching of The Suite Life - a HIDEOUS program that is basically this generation's answer to Full House. F: Mummy, am I grounded? M: Not yet mate, not yet. F: When will you ground me? M: Probably when you're around 15 and sneak out of the house at night. F: Why? M: Because that's not what you do. F: Why? M: Because I hope that as you get older we have a wonderful relationship where we talk to each other have respect for each other. So that you understand there will be times I don't let you do something, and you understand I'm not doing it to ruin your life or because I am mean, but because I love you and want the best for you. F: Where would I go to? M: When? F: When I sneak out of the house? M: Well, you won't do that so it doesn't matter. F: But if I did. M: probably to a friends house or something. F: Like a party. M: Yes, maybe. F: But why wouldn't you let me go to a party? M: Can we have this discussion when the situation arises? Not now, because I'm sure, in a decade neither you nor I will recall it. F: OK. M: OK. F: But can you still ground me? M: Sure Felix. You're grounded. F: Cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home