Glamorouse

Friday, June 10, 2005

pondering

- how, after almost two days of a training course on communicating with people who have different communication styles (read: social morons who simply don't get humour in emails, are fault-phobic and see no problem with emails written entirely in caps) and different modus-operandi, can you sit in a role play (which btw, I HATE) and be exactly.the.same.as.before.the.two.day.love.in? There are some people I will never understand, although now I can do so with the throw-away - they must be an expressive driver personality. - how many times can you peruse an Ikea catalogue before tiring of it and screaming - enough beech enough! - can I be so surprised I scored a perfect 10 to slot me nicely into the psychological profile of being 'analytical'? So I like using the same coloured pegs on like coloured clothing, and if I can't do that at least using the same coloured pegs on whatever the clothing article is I'm pegging? So if I can write a list or put something into a table I will (this does not extend to excel spreadsheets, a program that scares me and one I freely offer to the truly crazy analyticals who like numbers and that). So I enjoy colour-coding the boys wardrobe and hanging their school shirts in order for the week (ie - shirt, shirt, shirt, sport shirt, shirt). So I LIKE having set shelves in the refrigertor for dairy goods, condiments, left overs, baking items (such as nuts, dried fruits and eggs). So I have a photographic memory inventory of every item in our pantry - so when my husband calls me at work asking if we have more coffee/sugar/biscuits/hidden chocolate stash I can direct him to it more precisely than a GPS would be able to. So SO? If its any consolation I also scored 8.8 for expressive and 8.6 for amiable. So at least I'm a friendly, outgoing lime-light seeking obsessive analytical type. Today was buried bone day - and the award goes to the dude in my love in who's head was so far up his own arse he learnt nothing. And he was the one in the room that had the most to learn. Go figure. Yesterday was library day - fittingly, it was the workshopping of the first chapter of my novel (stop laughing) at uni. I suitably traumatised everyone with graphic scenes of a murder and am feeling pretty stoked everyone loved it. At the moment its called Mountain Song, but that changes at least weekly. I hope to have it finished before I die. KP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home