Glamorouse

Thursday, August 18, 2005

This sort of thing just doesn't happen to me...

Tonight I worked late - I finished off some edits on a mag I write and then spent a couple of hours doing some stuff for Lifestart, the support service that saved our life and works with Oscar. So basically, I didn't get home until about 9.45pm. When I got home Mum was waiting up for me downstairs, which is weird because when she looks after the kids she puts them to bed then scedattles upstairs - the benefits of living..upstairs. She made me close my eyes, which I hated and fought against, but she wasn't taking no, so I figured I'd indulge her because I've been so cranky and mean to her for months. Well folks, I'm here to tell you, that when I got home tonight: - the office had been cleared out - the office had been painted the colours I wanted - the cot was assembled - WITH.SHEETS.ON. - and THE cutest little blanket, with a cute little outfit and some singlets hanging over the railing. - in the corner was an artistic stack of gorgeous boxes, in two sizes. - the office has been relocated to its new home. - Chef has set it all up so I can do this. That includes getting under the house and doing wiring. - All the components of the wardrobe I wanted have been purchased and almost set up. (This is apparently v. disappointing for the workers today, who wanted it all set up - but alas, children needed collecting and work was calling that made it an impossibility) For me, it is absolute magic as it means I don't need to go to Ikea, I don't need to lug bits home, and I get to say where they go in the room!!! Does anyone fully grasp the magnitude of this??? It is all the hard work, the amazing spirit, the GENEROSITY of our friend Audrey. Audrey is one of those women who's beautiful nature is reflected in her entire being. She's also Canadian, which simply plays to my obsession about all things Canada. This year, Audrey has had pneumonia twice. Audrey has had a miscarriage, that then almost resulted in her needing a radical hysterectomy. Audrey has two boys under the age of 3. She has no family in Australia. And she's done all this for me. It is one of the incredibly rare, treasured moments, that I am completely and utterly lost for words. After bursting into tears and balling my eyes out for about ten minutes, thinking, 'this doesn't happen to people like me'. I am just blown away that something so wonderful, so thoughtful and just so so appreciated could be done, for me. So, to my wondrous chef, the remarkable Audrey, and my Mum who takes all my shit, every.single.day. - thankyou Thankyou THANKYOU.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bec said...

Apart from the obvious "what the?" that this other comment inspires, I just have to say, you deserve it, babe. I am so happy for you!

8/19/2005 09:48:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home